22

♦♦♦

**RE-UPDATED THIS CHAPTER BC SOMEHOW IT GOT DELETED FUCK U WATTPAD**

♦♦♦

**Zayn POV**

About ten minutes after I call Harry, his black SUV pulls up in the alleyway. He gets out of the car and barrels over to me.

"Are you ok?" he roughly asks. I nod and say nothing. "Come on," he drags me to his car and helps me into the car, lifting me inside.

The car ride back to Harry's hotel is silent. When we get to his room, he digs out a Ramones t shirt and a pair of grey sweats and throws them at me.

"Take a shower, clean up, I'll help you with your cuts." he says softly, and I nod.

I go to the bathroom and turn the water on, turning the faucet to the right. I needed the cold shower. I examine the the bruises and the cuts on my forearm and stomach, touching them and wincing in pain.

A pound on the door startles me, and Harry's voice vibrates through the door.

"Callie's calling, she's hasn't stopped for like 5 minutes,"

I shut the water off and take the phone through the door.

"Callie?"

"Z-z-Zayn, I-I did it again," she's crying, her voice is shaky and I stop breathing for a moment. The blood in my veins freeze.

"Hang on, I'm coming, where are you?" I quickly dry myself and throw on the clothes Harry gave me, ignoring the stinging from my cuts.

"The hotel by the cafe," she starts to cry again and my heart breaks all over again.

I rush out into the hotel room Harry's staying in and he's already ready, handing me my wallet.

"We need to-"

"I know," Harry cuts me off. We're out of the parking lot in 30 seconds flat.

~

"Do you know which room she's in?" Harry asks as we walk past doors in the hotel.

"Room 37," I say. We pass 31, 33, 35, and finally get to 37. I try the door, and it is open, so I step inside, Harry following closely behind.

"Callie?" I call. The room was neat, except for a few clothes and candy wrappers strewn around, and the TV was turned on.

I slowly walk into the bathroom, and I see Callie sitting in the bathtub, staring at the tiled walls with a blank expression. A single tear drips from her eye and my heart breaks into a million pieces over the scene in front of me. Harry looks at her while biting his lip with a guarded but thoughtful expression.

I kneel by her carefully, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Why?" my voice is hushed, slightly cracking.

She shakes her head and inhales deeply, holding her breath. Harry and I watch her for a long time until she exhales, turning to me. She starts to speak, but sees Harry, then closes her mouth.

I turn around and beg him to go silently, and he nods, gently closes the bathroom door.

"My mom," she says so quietly I almost don't hear a thing.

"What did she do?"

"She called me a," Callie pauses. "an ungrateful selfish whore, she said she hated me, she said I was worthless,"

I'm shocked at first, but after recovering my fists ball up in anger. Callie's mother has crossed the line many times, but she really crossed it this time.

"She was drunk," Callie sobs and starts crying again. I pull her out of the bathtub and into my lap, her face buried in my shirt. I feel my anger taking over as I hear her helpless sobs.

She doesn't deserve this. Nobody does.

I need to do something about this.

"Callie, I got some- who the hell are you?" A feminine voice shouts from the main room. I recognize it as Danielle. I can hear Harry mumble a few words before Danielle cuts him off. "Why are you in my room? Where's my sister?" She walks past the bathroom and sees us, her expression changing from confused to worried. Callie quickly sits up and wipes her eyes with her sleeves, and goes to the sink to wash her face.

"Who are YOU?" she shouts at me. Harry appears and I can tell he's amused by Danielle's behavior.

"Danielle, stop, he's my friend," Callie says. Her voice is back, but I can still hear the shakiness and uncertainty in it.

Danielle looks from me to Harry and back to Callie.

"What happened?" she asks suspiciously. Callie's face is still red, Harry is still biting his lip thoughtfully and quietly observing the scene in front of him, and I'm still pent up with anger, my fists aching for a fight. Harry turns to me and notices my heavy breathing and balled up fists. He makes his way over to my and leans over to whisper into my ear.

"Calm down, remember what I taught you,"

But today, for some reason, I can't calm down. I can't control myself, my rage this time is out of line. My anger towards Callie's mother is consuming me like a fire, slowly burning all the self control I've built up over the years down.