Family Leave

The sounds of the rolling waves were calm and peaceful

The sounds of the rolling waves were calm and peaceful. The same as they always were. If anything in the world never changed then it was the waves that beat upon the beaches of Hello Tropics. Twilight Sparkle stood there in the sand with bare feet next to her wife. The sun was low but steadily rising to the challenge of the morning.

"Remember when we first came here?" Twilight asked, turning her gaze to the beautiful woman beside her.

"Like it was yesterday," Sunset replied, not sure if she was happy or sad at seeing her life go by so fast. "I was so worried. I was afraid we would drift apart."

"I told you we wouldn't," the glasses-wearing scientist leaned against her spouse. Their bare shoulders were soft against each other.

"I'm glad I didn't wait," Sunset took a deep breath to refresh her spirit. The salty air of the bay did much to rejuvenate her. It had the scent of clear clean water and also of rich green life.

"Wait for what?"

"To ask you to marry me," Sunset looked into the purple pools of her wife's eyes. "I could never put a price on what I've already lived through with you."

"If you're trying to be romantic," Twilight grew a lop-sided grin and put her arms around Sunset's neck, "it's working."

"No point in seducing what's already mine, though," the redhead pecked the other woman's lips.

"I thought we agreed I wasn't your property," Twilight kept up the banter even as she leaned in closer, not content with a mere peck. Her eyelids drooped enticingly.

Sunset was already lost to the rest of the world. Even the trickles of cool water reaching their feet from the last wave took little notice. "Yeah. Because I'm your slave."

"That's so chee-"

Sunset silenced Twilight with her lips, sealing their mouths together in an all too familiar embrace. The beach was empty save for themselves. After all, they were on King's Land island in the center of the bay – private for their use only. Therefore, Twilight had no reservations about where Sunset's hands happened to be or where they intended to go.

When their kiss broke, the redhead panted. "Damn it's hot," she wiped her forehead from the sweat forming there.

"Why thank you," Twilight joked and stuck out her tongue. Her body was also sweating, though she hadn't mentioned the humidity yet or, quite thankfully, the scientific reasons why their environment was so warm.

Sunset lowered her grip down to Twilight's hips. "Want to take this back to the villa?" she practically growled with desire.

Twilight, however, fell back into the sand and laid there. "I was hoping you'd just take me right here~"

Sunset might have been dumbstuck years ago, but now she was used to it. Thus it took no hesitation for her to fall atop Twilight, suspended above her only by her arms so she didn't crush her wife. "Let's see if I can still remove your top with my teeth."