My Love, My Love

The island was every bit the mystical jungle that Twilight had heard that it was

The island was every bit the mystical jungle that Twilight had heard that it was. In fact, the immense darkness created by the thick canopy of trees made the old stone path seem almost magical. The same exotic flowers that had been in the garden before were in abundance along the sides of the path, though in a more wild pattern. Every so often a stone pillar would be beside the path as well to provide lighting in the darkness that prevailed even during the peak of the day.

There was a closeness to the air. Oxygen Rush led them into a clearing further down the quiet path. If not for Twilight's single-minded focus on Sunset, she might have noticed Oxygen's shapely figure. Indeed, their guide was in incredibly good shape. Her uniform showed off her slightly muscular midriff, which Sunset hadn't really noticed either.

The married girls were mostly preoccupied with thoughts of each other, though they hung their mouths open in surprise when Oxygen moved aside and presented them the villa in the clearing.

Surrounded by green lawns populated by rich ponds and wild garden arrangements was a two story modern mansion. It was constructed with a large percentage of glass walls, showing sharply decorated interiors.

"I see you like it," Oxygen kept her smile. "Your in-laws were very kind to let you have it for a while. But then that is simply the kind of people they are. Very kind and generous."

Sunset gulped. No splendor she had ever been given as Celestia's student had ever matched this magnitude.

Twilight was just as amazed as they stood some one hundred feet from the door. "I'm going to kill him and Cadance for never taking me along," she joked and then beamed at her wife beside her.

Sunset wiped away some of the perspiration that had been gathering on her forehead. She knew the villa would have air conditioning. For that she was grateful. "Don't blame them too much. I can only think of one thing they'd get up to in a place like this."

"Study of the local flora?" Twilight looked excitedly around them. She once again ghosted the motion of pushing up her glasses, which would still be in their luggage inside the villa. Though she saw just fine with contacts, she would be quick to ditch them for her old glasses if Sunset knew anything about her.

"Oh they'd be studying alright," Sunset deadpanned. "But more the fauna than the flora."

"There's animal wildlife here?" Twilight smiled even more, jumping first to Sunset and then looking hopefully to Oxygen. She figured there might be wildlife, but the island was small enough to doubt it.

The redheaded spouse wanted to smack her forehead. Sometimes Twilight was extremely sharp. Other times she was brilliantly dense. Not that Sunset wanted to spend a second more thinking of her new in-laws and their bedroom practices.

"I can give you the inside tour or leave you to explore if you so wish," Oxygen offered into the conversation.

Twilight turned back to their guide. "Oh sorry," she apologized for some reason. "No, I think we'll be fine looking around. My brother's already told me quite a bit about it anyways."