Days of Life

Sunset Shimmer ran to find the diaper bag

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Sunset Shimmer ran to find the diaper bag. They kept the fresh ones in a bag that was normally stored in the laundry room. It was missing and she need to change that diaper fast.

"Figures Twilight would be away today!" Sunset cried out to herself. She was alone in the apartment. Not even the guard was present outside the front door anymore. "If I was Twilight and I mistakenly left it somewhere, where would it be?!"

She dashed into the bedroom and looked beside the small bookcase there. Bingo! Of course, Twilight might have left it there by accident when she got the random impulse to read some inane book. Sunset grabbed a new diaper from the bag and was back in the living room with the baby in mere seconds. The remainder of the diaper change was typical. Unpleasant but typical.

After she was done, she set Sunlight back into his safe play area and sat down for a rest. She seemed to be more worn out than usual these days. Maybe that was just how it went with near one year olds. That reminded her. Sunlight's 1st birthday was this coming Saturday. And their big move just the following weekend. What a ride and a half that would be.

"Gah!" Sunlight babbled while looking up to his mother. Apparently, he found something about her to be fixating. It was indeed true that he seemed to favor her over Twilight.

Sunset smiled down and, in spite of her tired state, got back up to play with him. His cyan eyes were a copy of her own and the way they sparkled when he looked at her made her heart melt even after all the trouble he had put his parents through.

"You're lucky that you're worth it," Sunset commented to her child after getting down to his level on the floor.

"Gooah," Sunlight stuck his tongue out. Or perhaps he had left it out and hadn't realized yet. His motor skills were still developing and he had no self-awareness whatsoever. At least he was used to the idea that his own limbs were still attached to him even when they were not in his immediate eyesight.

Sunset twirled her hand in front of him, which seemed to always amuse him greatly. "You have to be the easiest baby to entertain in the history of Equestria," she beamed as he made a gasp-like sound of awe.

"You mean our planet, right?" Rainbow corrected as she stepped through the front door. She closed it gently behind her. The past year had taught her much about stealth that she had no knowledge of previously.

"Sure," Sunset smirked at the girl.

"Da!" Sunlight exclaimed, shifting attention to the rainbow-haired woman.

"Yo," Rainbow said in return, a big goofy grin on her face. "You pick up any dates yet, kid?"

"Goo!"

Sunset groaned. "What are you doing here, Dashie? I thought your team had practice today."

"They did," the athlete swung around the room's adjoined kitchen counter and grabbed an apple. "Short, though. Captain just wanted to make sure our assisting wasn't slipping. For the record, I wasn't the one she was worried about. Fast Track's been getting kind of hoardy with the ball."