V for Victory

Sunset Shimmer splashed cold water on her face

Sunset Shimmer splashed cold water on her face. Time just...went on. This was the thousandth time she had gone out late at night to get some strange order of food for her wife. She had heard stories of this sort of thing before but had never realized how true and bizarre it really was. That and Twilight was having these terrible mood swings. No doubt powered by the frustrating nature of her extra weight and pains.

The redhead dried her face with a towel and left the bathroom. Twilight was there sitting upright of the sofa, but she was asleep. She looked so peaceful now that Sunset couldn't help but be grateful her spouse was resting again. She sat down next to her with extreme care. The large tummy held their child inside and Sunset gently laid her hand on it with a proud smile.

She never thought she'd be a mother and certainly not the one who wasn't carrying. At least the guard at the door was on the outside now. They had come to know each of the shift guards well over the months but it was still bothersome to not ever feel alone with one's own family. And speaking of family, Rainbow Dash was scheduled to be back tomorrow from Adagio's. Those two were like glue, but Dashie was not one to be away from soccer trials for long.

"Mmm," Twilight hummed in her sleep, her glasses still on and a little crooked.

Sunset yawned. She was feeling sleepy herself. Correction, she admitted to herself: very sleepy. She just had so many things to do that she needed to stay focused before retiring for the night. Like making sure the bills were ready to be sent off tomorrow...

With weariness in her cyan eyes, Sunset got back up and traveled to the counter. For only a second, she wished she was in Twilight's place instead so she could get off from doing the more tedious and tiring chores of life. Then she considered her wife's massive belly, the troubles that went with it, and the emotional turmoil. It made her work through the bills that much more content.

 It made her work through the bills that much more content

It was a quiet day. For the most part. Applejack had been over for a visit earlier and, though she was now gone, the apple pie she had left behind was still giving off a pleasing aroma. Twilight had a slice when it was first brought over. Now half of it was gone and she was chewing on a celery stick. As for Sunset Shimmer, she had left just afterward to get some official work done at the invention shop.