Chapter 1~ Closet Girl

There it was, the iconic closet which had served as Rukia's first home in the real world. Ichigo had allowed her to stay at his home in secret, at the expense of her having to sleep among dust bunnies and unfolded clothes.

"A member of the great Kuchiki Clan, sleeping in a closet and sharing a room with an idiot carrot top, who would have thought?..." Rukia sighed, relishing the memories she had shared with him.

But he couldn't see her any longer, she was nothing but a memory long forgotten. Faded. I'm dust, Rukia thought to herself, I'm hidden, but I'm here. I'm remembered but always swept aside. I'm so small, yet I  play a role in the lives of many.

"I'm telling you, it was one assignment! One!"

Startled by the sudden appearance of the voice, Rukia swung the door to Ichigo's closet open and dived into the unholy mess of sport jerseys and sweaty t-shirts. Quietly, Rukia closed the closet door, leaving but a gap to peek through. Why am I hiding? She thought, saddened by her own loneliness. I can't be seen.

Ichigo stormed into his room dumping his school bag (ok I'm sorry I have no clue what it's called) onto his bed and threw his school jacket on his desk chair.

"That old man has bees for brains if he thinks I'll get perfect scores on every test I do." Ichigo complained while stumbling around his room, looking for his mobile phone.

"Chad doesn't even do the stupid tests, he doesn't even come to school!" Ichigo rambled on to himself.

Rukia smirked at the now distressed Ichigo "Idiot.."

The famed strawberry crawled out from under bed, holding the once lost mobile phone in his right hand. "There you are, how did-? Never mind."

Ichigo got up and turned to the crack in the closet door. He froze and stared emotionless. Rukia sifted uncomfortably at Ichigo's empty gaze. He has no spiritual power left, he shouldn't be able to...

Part of Rukia wished that he could see her, that the two friends could reunite and reclaim the battle field from the hollows once again. The other new that Ichigo and herself should never interact with one another again, regardless of whether he could see her or not.

Ichigo smirked, still staring at the gap in the closet door. "What are you doing Rukia? It's a mess in there."