~6~

"Neri'el?" a familiar voice questioned.

"BEN!" she cried leaping towards him.

The dark-haired Jedi stumbled backwards as she flew into him; her blonde hair swirling behind her. She buried her head in his shoulder before jerking away; holding her nose with her cuffed hands.

"Neri'el?" Ben repeated craning his neck to look at her, "Neri'el, what's wrong?"

His brown eyes widened and he swiftly pulled her away from himself to look her over.

"Why are you covered in blood?" he gasped.

"Long story short, a guy was bothering me and we had a disagreement," she said vaguely, glancing at her friend.

She gaped at the wound in his side. The brown robes were soaked in dried blood and she could see a blistering wound poking through.

"You're hurt!"

Ben glanced down and barely hid a wince as she carefully began inspecting his wound.

"Lasers do hurt," he said smiling weakly at her.

She glared at him before looking back at the wounds.

"We need to get this cleaned before it gets infected," Neri'el stated as she stood up straight again.

"I know," Ben muttered, "You do too."

Neri'el scoffed gesturing at her broken and bleeding nose.

"I'm fine!" she raised her bound hands so she could use her sleeves to wipe away the mix of old and new blood from her face, "Ow!"

Ben's eyes narrowed as he ignited his lightsaber and sliced through her bonds. He reached towards his belt and unclipped her lightsaber.

"Found this on my way in," he supplied handing it over.

"Thank you so much!" she gasped wrapping him in a tight hug, "Master Luke would kill me if I lost this!"

Ben chuckled and gently slid an arm around her waist, enjoying the touch.

Neri'el pulled away smiling at her best friend.

"Any clues on where to go to get the holocron?" she questioned.

Ben opened mouth to reply when the click of a gun stopped him short.

Neri'el looked over her shoulder into her previous cell and saw the pirate from earlier. His face was contorted in rage and a blaster was resting carefully in his hand aimed directly at her. She turned slightly and saw it was aimed right at her heart.

"Go to helheim, witch," he snarled pulling the trigger.

"NO!" Ben cried but Neri'el knew it was too late. He couldn't pull her out of the way in time.

She slid her eyelids shut awaiting the laser to hit her in the chest and tear its way through her to gain access to her heart.

But it never did.

"Neri'el, how are you doing that?" Ben asked awe in his voice.

Slowly, she opened her eyes and stared in shock at the laser bolt frozen inches from her chest. It fizzled angrily but didn't move.

Her eyes flicked from the bolt to the pirate who stood staring in shock at it. His eyes met hers and hardened as he readjusted this grip on the gun.

His finger twitched but stayed put.

Confusion filled his eyes and Neri'el felt a surge of pleasure as she sent a strong surge of power at him. His eyes rolled up in his skull as his body hit the floor.

"What, did you just do?" Ben asked in shock.

"Knocked him out," she sighed stepping out of the way of the laser bolt, "Step away."

Ben quickly moved and she released her grip on the bolt. It sprang to life and exploded into the opposite wall.

"That," Neri'el sighed heavily grinning up at her best friend, "is an awesome party trick, huh?"

Ben watched her carefully before nodding at the door ahead.

"Let's get out of here."

"Don't have to tell me twice," she muttered following him out.

They raced out of the building and back into the barren desert; kicking up dust with their heels. Sand slowly began to fill Neri'el's boots but she ignored it and kept jogging after Ben.

'Curse his long legs.'

"Neri'el, you really have to start closing your mind!"

Neri'el swore violently in her mind.

"Neri'el Leia Aspenstra!" Ben reprimanded sharply.

"So did you find out where the holocron is?" she asked changing the subject before he could whine about 'language'.

His brown eyes narrowed but he didn't protest.

"It's four clicks east of this base at," he paused and smirked slightly, "another pirate base."

Neri'el turned to him in horror.

"You're kidding."

Ben frowned.

"Do I ever kid around?"

Neri'el's brow furrowed in thought.

"Nope, cause you're no fun," she smirked at him.

Ben's frown deepened.

"I-I can be fun."

Neri'el shook her head.

"Nope, you can't."

Ben glared at her.

"I can too."

"Nope."

"Yes, I can."

"No you really can't, Solo."

"Yes-"

"No, Ben."