Chapter 12: You Are My Sunshine

Chapter 12:  You Are My Sunshine

(Jerwin's POV)

---------------- ?

Naalimpungatan ako after what seems to be the longest sleep I've ever, ever had.. It's dark outside, and the only source of light in my room is the one lampshade at the other side of my bed.. I gazed at the digital alarm clock on my nightstand: 11:36 PM.. So, from the time Venice woke me up for a soup dinner up to now, I've been sleeping for about almost five hours..

I turned to my other side, and almost jumped (if only I wasn't feeling so weak) nung nakita ko si Venice.. She pulled up the office chair from the corner of the room, and positioned it beside the bed.. I can't imagine how she managed to sleep on such tight space.. @_@

I wonder how long she's been there...

Tumingin-tingin pa ko sa paligid ko.. There's a small basin of water on a small stool right beside the night table.. It was then that I felt the warm, moist towel sliding off of my forehead..

She's been taking care of me all this time...

Silly girl.. Dapat sa kama na lang din sya natulog..

I carefully sat myself up -- very much aware of the spots appearing right before my eyes.. -__- Pero at least, I don't feel as hellish as I was feeling earlier.. I just managed to get my legs out of the bed when Venice suddenly stirred and then glanced at me under droopy eyelids..

Ako:Hey...

Na-realize nya yata bigla na gumagalaw-galaw na ko, coz she suddenly perked up and before I knew it, she was on her feet trying to make me lie down again.

Venice:Jerwin! What do you think are you doing?!?

Ako:Well, ililipat sana kita sa kama.. That chair doesn't look very comfortable.

Venice:Abno ka ba? As if naman kaya mo kong buhatin nang ganyan ang condition mo..(tried to push me gently back to bed)Pwede ba mahiga ka na uhlet?

Ako:Will you lie down with me, then?

Venice:O__O Sabi ng nanay ko, she trusts me raw.

*blink*

*blink*

Ako:Ha? o_O

Venice abruptly stopped with her pushing, and her face suddenly turned a color of pale pink.. If I wasn't kinda dizzy, and if I only knew what was going on, it would have seemed cute.. :D

Venice:N-Nothing! Anoh ba! Matulog ka na nga!

Ako:I'm not going back to sleep until you leave that chair and just accept my proposal of sleeping in this same bed. It's not like we didn't do it before..

Venice:H-H-Hoy! It's not like I had a choice noh! O__O

Ako:Oh, don't tell me na ngayon ka pa nahiya.. It's almost midnight and you're still in my room, you know?

Napatingin bigla sya dun sa orasan, and she groaned.. I guess she didn't mean to stay this late.. :P  I crawled to one side of the bed, and then pulled the covers off the other side to invite her in..

Ako:Now, c'mon, Miss Pure.. I'm not gonna do anything to you.

Venice looked at me first, and then at the empty side of the bed again.. She pouts her lips as if debating in her mind and continued to stare at the warm~ inviting~ soft~ comfortable~ bed. Then she let out a huge sigh, and finally climbed up..

Venice:Oh well.. It's not like you have the energy to do anything weird..

Yeaaa.. okay... As if I'll really do anything weird to her..