Chapter 3: Just For One Night

Chapter 3:  Just For One Night

(Jerwin's POV)

---------------- ?

Three hours.. She's three hours late...

After making sure that everything was going well in the concert venue, I drove straight to Seis, a bar-slash-nightclub dyan sa Makati.. I was supposed to meet her here before she leaves early tomorrow morning for a fashion show in Paris.. but...

Tatlong oras na kong nandito, and wala pa rin.. No text.. no call..

Maybe she's being held up at work again.......?

I looked through the one-way mirror nung window at the wall separating the VIP room from the rest of the nightclub.. The chaos outside is brightly lit by the laser-disco lights..

Samantalang ako, nandito, mag-isa, halos maubos na ung pang-ilan ko na bang bote ng beer kakahintay..

We always meet up in this place.. Aside from the fact na it's close to impossible to spot us among the number of heads that come in to party every night, Seis has one of the most private VIP rooms any nightclub can offer.. We don't have to worry about our "meeting" being leaked to the press -- which is just the way she wanted..

BEEP! BEEP!

Napatalon ako nung biglang nagtutunog at nag-vibrate ung cellphone kong nakapatong dun sa maliit na table in front of me.. I reached for it, half knowing what the text message would say, and half hoping I'd be wrong..

"Jerwin, I'm sorry.. We just finished with the rehearsal and I'm so tired. I don't think I'd be able to meet you up tonight. I'll see you when I get back? xx, Geena."

Well.. I knew she was gonna ditch me again..

I should've known better than to hope otherwise..

*sigh* Wala na kong dahilan mag-stay dito.. Sayang lang oras ko.. I threw a few bills on the table then sinalpak ung cellphone ko in my pocket.. but then, just as I stood up, the door to the VIP room suddenly swung open, and a girl literally stumbled inside..O_O

I froze on the spot as she squinted her beady, drunk eyes at me, and then looked around the room..

Girl:What? Izn't thizz the bathroom? =___=

Ako:Uh, no.. The bathroom is on the other side of the building.. O_O

Girl:Eh? That's weird.. I was so sure na dito un.. Ikaw!(pointed a shaky finger at me)Take me to the bathroommm!

O___O

*gulp*

Oh well.. I might as well walk her there since palabas na rin naman ako..

Oh gawd, I hope she doesn't throw up or anything..

Ako:O-okay...

I walked over to her carefully, watching her body as she sways dangerously from side to side..

and when I finally reached her, when her face was finally close enough to see in the poorly lit VIP room, mahulog-hulog ang puso ko! O_O

Ako:You! Weren't you the girl from the music arena?!?!?!

Girl:(squints her eyes at me)Kuya.. Arena? Adik ka baaa? Nightclub toh! Bar! And the best bartenders and margaritas in townnn!

She doesn't remember me..

Which is not a surprise considering how much her breath reeks of alcohol.. Psh, alcoholic. Is she trying to kill herself?!?

Ako:Okay.. Wala ka bang kasama?