Sokovia

Chapter 10

When they landed in Sokovia, Bruce and Thor went straight to Strucker's base to find Nat and what Ultron had been building. Abi and Wanda used their powers to compel people to leave the city as Pietro ran around moving people. Clint stood guard watching for the impending attack. Steve was on the bridge waving people through. Tony was flying around looking for Ultron. Tony found him in the church.

The bots began to come from all directions. Pretty quickly they were flying around the city shooting and destroying things. Everyone began to fight them in their own way. Wanda was still getting people out of the way. Abi was flinging the bots and Clint was shooting them. She moved further into the city and saw Pietro take out a load. She was tearing them apart using her powers; her eyes glowing the same blue from earlier. Vision was burning Ultron from the net; cutting off his way out.

All of a sudden the ground began to shake and move as huge cracks appeared in the earth. A circle around the city all cracked and the city itself began to move upwards. Abi grabbed the back of Pietro's shirt as he nearly toppled over the edge. They looked at each other in shock and moved away from the edge as the Ultron bots all began to talk.

"Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability. You rise only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword. And the Earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

They finished and once again began to attack. Pietro gave Abi a look before they once again dived straight into a battle. They destroyed all that they could but more kept appearing. Abi paused to catch her breath under an arch when Pietro ran up out of breath. She put a hand on his shoulder to keep him upright as Steve started to talk over the comms.

"Stark you worry about bringing the city down safely." Steve said. "The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off."

Abi looked at Pietro who smiled again before speeding off. She took off and crashed any that were flying into the ground. Wanda was trying to get people out of the way but was panicking. As more came in Clint grabbed her and they jumped through a window.

She crawled away from the window muttering. "How could I let this happen?"

"Hey, hey. You okay?" Clint asked.

"This is all our fault." Wanda murmured.

"Hey, look at me." Clint said sternly. "It's your fault, it's everyone's fault. Who cares? Are you up for this? Are you? Look, I just need to know because the city is flying. Okay. Look, the city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense. But I'm going back out there because it's my job. Okay? And I can't do my job and babysit. It doesn't matter what you did and what you were. If you go out there, you fight and you fight to kill. Stay in here, you're good. I'll send Abi or your brother to come find you. But if you step out that door, you are an Avenger."

Clint stood and walked out. Immediately firing at the bots. "Yeah, the city is flying." He muttered. Clint was about to get over whelmed but Wanda walked out and using her powers destroyed all the bots.

Abi made her way into the town centre where Steve and Nat were close to being over whelmed. She sent out a pulse and obliterated a lot of the bots around Steve. He turned and nodded at her before they started fighting again. Pietro and Wanda showed up a moment later and immediately went after the bots. Although one of the police men didn't hold his fire and shot Pietro in the arm accidently. They managed to clear all the bots and while they had a moment of peace they got all the civilians into the hospital.

"The next waves gonna hit any minute." Steve said to Abi.

"What have you got, Tony?" She asked over comms.

"Nothing great." Came the reply. "Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface, if you guys can get clear."

"We asked for a solution, not an escape plan." Steve replied as he and Abi walked to where Nat was standing looking at the view.

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're gonna have to make a choice." Tony said.

"Cap, these people are going nowhere." Nat said. "If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..."

"Not 'til everyone's safe." Steve cut her off.

"Everyone up here, versus everyone down there? There's no math there." Nat reasoned.

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it." Steve snapped.

"She didn't say we should leave." Abi murmured. Her thoughts were with Bucky.

Nat nodded. "There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?"

Abi saw Steve's mind snap back to when he put the plane in the ice and the view he got then.

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get a lot better." Fury's voice suddenly came across the comms.

The old helicarrier rose from under the clouds. Everyone watched and felt a little new hope. Pietro ran to the edge, looked at it and smiled before appearing next to Abi.

"Nice, right? Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty but she'll do." Fury said.

"Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve said, sounding impressed.

"Ooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth." Fury chuckled.

"This is SHIELD?" Pietro asked with a huge smile.

"This is what SHIELD's supposed to be." Abi said mirroring his smile.

"This is not so bad." Pietro responded as small carriers began to land.

"Let's load them up." Steve said as they all ran to collect civilians.

As the bots went for the helicarrier Rhodey flew out in his suit and started to take care of them. They got people onto the carriers in groups. When one was full it would fly back to the helicarrier, unload and come back.