Team Meeting

Chapter 4

Tony, Abi and Bruce went straight to the lab to find out what had happened. Everyone else quickly followed apart from Thor who went after the bot that took the sceptre.

"All of our work is gone." Abi told them as Tony stood and looked at the rogue suit. "Ultron cleared out. He used the internet as an escape hatch." She continued as Steve walked in.

"Ultron." Steve muttered.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance." Nat added from the other side of the room. "Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

Abi noticed Clint's change in stance.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey asked.

"Nuclear codes." Maria realised as she pulled glass out of her foot.

"Nuclear codes. Look we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodey said.

"Nukes?" Nat asked. "He said he wanted us dead."

"He didn't say dead, he said extinct." Steve interrupted.

"He also said he killed somebody." Clint added.

"There wasn't anyone else in the building." Maria said.

"Yes there was." Tony said as he walked into the centre of the room and once again projected the yellow image of Jarvis. This time though, Jarvis was in pieces. It was as though someone had shattered the computer programme.

"What?" Bruce said walking up to the image. "This is insane."

"Jarvis was the first line of defence. He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense." Steve said as he looked at the floor.

"No." Abi said as everyone turned to look at her. "Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy, this is rage." Abi clarified.

At that moment Thor walked back in. He walked straight over to Tony, wrapped a hand around his neck and lifted him off the ground.

Everyone took a step back as Tony spluttered incoherent words. Abi's hands started to glow as she prepared to step in.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor said.

"Thor!" Steve said stepping forward. "The Legionnaire?"

Thor put Tony down and looked at Steve. "Trail went cold about one hundred miles out but it's headed North. And it has the sceptre." Thor told them all. "Now we have to retrieve it, again."

"The Genie's out of that bottle." Nat said. "As clear and present as Ultron."

"I don't understand." Dr Cho muttered. "You built this programme. Why is it trying to kill us?" She asked Abi, Tony and Bruce.

Tony started laughing as Abi and Bruce shook their heads.

"You think this is funny?" Thor asked.

"No." Tony said turning to face Thor. "It's probably not, right?"

"Tony, where are you going with this?" Abi warned.

"This is very terrible. Is it so... Is it so... It is... It's so terrible." Tony rambled still laughing slightly.

"This could have been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand." Thor said looking at the three of them who were all now stood together.

"No. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny." Tony said walking up to Thor. "It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this."

"Tony, maybe this might not be the time." Bruce said glancing at Abi, who was watching Tony and Thor carefully.