The Maximoff Twins

Chapter 2

When they arrived at Stark tower, Barton was taken straight to Dr Cho and Abi was taken straight to the med lab. Dr Cho had designed a machine that recreated tissue so Barton was going to need the full treatment. Banner was monitoring Abi's vitals when Steve walked in and handed him the syringe.

"They injected her with this." Steve said. He believed that it was the twins who had injected her.

"I'll analyse it later. She's stable and Stark wants to talk to us all." Banner replied. The two of them made their way downstairs.

It took a while to get everyone together but when they had Stark addressed them all. "Anyone got any intel on the enhanced?"

"The boy was fast; the girl seems very similar to Abi." Steve said.

"We don't yet have identities for either of them." Maria disclosed. "Who they are is a mystery."

"Their names are Wanda and Pietro Maximoff." Abi said as she walked carefully down the stairs. Everyone turned to look at her. "They volunteered for Strucker's experiments. There were other but they are the only two who survived. Their parents were killed when they were ten by a rogue shell so they had nothing to lose in signing up." She sat down on the bottom of the stairs.

"How do you know all that?" Steve asked.

"Today is not the first time I met them." Abi replied with a smile.

"What?" Nat said.

Abi turned to Steve. "The room you found me in, you saw the walls?"

"Yeah. They looked as though someone had tried to get out." Steve replied.

"Someone with a metal arm." Abi said as Steve's eyes widened. "That's where we were both made. It was Zola's base. Strucker took it over when he died."

"What about their powers?" Clint asked.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neuroelectric interfacing, telekinesis and mental manipulation." Abi told them all.

"What?" Clint asked.

"He's fast and she's weird." Maria translated.

"He's fast and she's like me." Abi corrected. "Pietro's metabolism and Wanda's telepathy and telekinesis were derived from what Zola used on me. The rest must be from the sceptre because I've never seen it before."

"What about what they injected you with?" Steve asked.

"They didn't inject me." She said in confusion. "I injected myself."

"Why?" Banner chipped in.

"To get my powers back." She said in everyone's head.

"Okay." Tony said. "Now that's all cleared up I do believe we have a job to do." Tony said to Banner. "You want to join us?" Tony asked Abi.

"Defiantly." She said as she followed Tony to the lab.

"I'll be there in a bit." Bruce told them.

"All right, look alive Jarvis, it's playtime." Tony said as he walked into the lab. "We've only got a couple of days to work with this joystick, so let's make the most of it." Tony walked over to the sceptre that Jarvis had been scanning.

"Update us on the structural and composition analysis." Abi asked.

"The sceptre is alien. There are elements I can't quantify." Jarvis started.

"So there's elements you can?" Tony asked.

"The jewel appears to be a protective housing, for something inside, something powerful." Jarvis told them.