Back Burners

13: Finding Out You're Zelda (humour/adventure)

What would you do if in the middle of your perfectly average, seemingly normal life strode a man with pointy ears, an annoying fairy and a sword that bursts into flames the moment you touch it? I screamed and went to a mental institute. But apparently I'm actually not all that crazy. Because the pointy eared elf boy (apparently named Link) came after me, and broke me out. Last time I checked, hallucinations couldn't do that. According to Link, my real name isn't Mary; it's Zelda, and I am the Queen of Hyrule. Everything else has been a spell cast by the evil wizard Ganandorf, who can't outright kill me but apparently can make my life miserable. Fantastic. I think I miss the madhouse.

14: Hiding in Plain Sight (teen fiction)

Gerry always knew that there was something more to Rose than met the eye. She was just... ignorable. Too thick bodied to ever be bothered about joining school teams, too simple looking behind her monotone hair and hipster glasses to be chased by boys, still Gerry couldn't help but notice her. Maybe it was the way she moved through the crowds of her peers, never touching them, most not even noticing her passage, or maybe it was the way her eyes held a spark of bored amusement. As if everyone around Rose was so entertaining and yet not in on the big secret, the big joke. It's not until the layers are peeled away, literally and figuratively, that Gerry gets to see what it is that Rose is hiding, and why she's never cared to 'just be beautiful'.

15: Enemy of my Enemy (historical fiction)

It is an era where women couldn't fight for their rights. They had none. Sick of the mysogeny, Caro's mother retreated from the world while pregnant and Caro has never had to grow up subjugated. As one of the Amazons, Caro has grown into a woman who is proud, and strong and willful, never backing down to any man. When she ends up sold into the King's harem, she expects to kill her 'Master' and break free. What she never expects is to end up embroilled in deadly politics, forced between salvaging her identity as an Amazon or doing what her newfound conscience labels as the right thing to do. When there is literally no one left to trust, will Caro go with her gut or her heart?

16: Can Anybody Save Me? (fantasy)

Sequel to Can Anybody Find Me. Lone and Gavin escaped from Hell. But so did Azazel, the King of Hell and he wants retribution. Even with his powers greatly reduced, he is a formidable enemy. Add in that his mistress, Chalice, is still in the Descended plane throwing all of her might into killing Lone and her friends, things have not been going well. To add insult to injury, the Ascended are looking for Gavin and if they find him a Fallen, they will kill Lone. The girl can't catch a break as she tries to learn the duties of a Neutral without the benefit of her now dead mentor, keep her once Guardian Angel and now Fallen lover alive and hidden, and try to figure out what's wrong with her other constant companion, the once Demon and now Risen Rimmon. Things have never been easy for Lone but she's about to see if even she can survive this turn of events.

17: Rejecting My Mate (fantasy/adventure)

In the world of the Wyrd, the moment you are born, your soul mate is as well. For the rest of your life you will walk with each other in your dreams, share the best of who you are and if you're lucky, at last meet and be together. Most of the time, the blessed pair never actually meets and they learn to let got of their other half and find happiness as they can. The lucky few are able to reach each other despite the distance and difficulties between, then they spend the rest of their lives feeling fullfilled. That's how it's supposed to work, but there's just one little problem. I want to reject my soul mate. He's a great guy, but he agrees with me. We aren't meant to be together. How could fate have screwed up so badly?

18: Breaking Him In (DARK)

Most male wolves have this obsurd belief that they are the most dominant creature in a room. Most male wolves feel they need to dominate their females, their mates. Most male wolves believe that it is their job to train their females how to behave. Most male wolves don't know what to do with me. I am not a passive female. I am not a trainable female. I am not a submissive female. I am the alpha female and I am here to train these pups on how to be mates to their females. Sometimes that means teaching them to think past their instincts and sometimes....sometimes it means something a lot more wickedly dark. I love my job.