Random Story Ideas

* These are ideas my brain comes up with out of the blue. I've taken out some parts so that if/when I do write them, there will be SURPRISES for you guys, but here are the general concepts. Feel free to let me know what you guys think of them.

Fair warning, I am NOT planning on writing these in story form YET, but I might if there is a lot of support for one of the ideas. So if you guys really really REALLY like one of these, let me know ok?

1: Anybody's Keeper (Shape Shifters)

Casey thinks she's this tough ass fighter, and is usually the most dangerous person in the room. She spent the first few years as a cop but left after her partner dies to protect her. Having to find some form of work, she agrees to help her old cop mentor (who is now a Ranger) on a case. The local shapeshifters' young teens (13-16) are being kindapped, skinned and abandoned to die. In the national park, the weres try to get along despite species differences but they can't go to the cops because of what they are, Casey can't go to them without losing the money she desperately needs. And everyone is doing their best to keep Casey in the dark on the reality of shapeshifters

2: Black Blood and Red Ink (mystery/fantasy)

Jacob is the author of an as yet to be finished novel is suddenly confronted with the real live versions of his characters suddenly houding him and pestering for help and answers to a story he hasn't written yet. The story was supposed to be a fantasy mystery but somehow as he tries to keep his characters alive at the same time as figure out how this has turned into a beat the clock murdering spree as fictional and real blood is spilled.

3: My Shadow's Nightmare (thriller/adventure)

Avean is being hunted and she doesn't know why. Her only companion and protector is her own shadow, deadly and vicious as the girl is pure and innocent. She knows only that her instincts scream for her to keep moving, never letting her rest in one place for long. When she does stop running, when she tries to have a normal life, dark things start coming after her, making the darkness of her own shadow seem tame by comparison. QUOTE: Every 24 hours, you can dread the dusk or look forward to the dawn. Personally, I think it’s healthy to do a little of both.

concept being reworked into a different story

4: Not a Cliched Werewolf story

A scientist discovers something strange in the blood sample of one patient. Follows the clues and discovers the secret world of the lycanthrope. There are no mates, there are no magic powers outside the shift and there is no love/hate romance with the next 'alpha'. Instead, PJ Abernathy is a mild mannered, laid back nerd with a passion for biology and chemistry. He tracks down the patient whose blood results were strange and interviews her to discover as much as he can about the world of the shapeshifter. He doesn't want to expose them, but instead seems fascinated by their genetic differences and seems eager to study and see if those differences would help combat cancer and disease, things the lycanthropes never have to endure.

5: Falling Down a Rabbit Hole (Humor)

Tricia Fleming is an author who has a rather strange imagination that makes it so easy to come up with interesting story ideas. But sometimes that means she has a large number of projects on the go at once and not all of them are completed yet. To add to her worries, with the encroaching holiday seaon, poor Tricia finds herself with insomnia and decreasing time to finish her projects. So one night in the holidays the author has what she thinks is a sleeping potion from a pagan friend of hers and starts to encounter some strangely familiar faces in an impossible world. Her characters and her stories have some how sucked her in and they need her help. A terrible chaos is destroying the layers between the stories, blending them all together and tearing apart the fabric of their realities. Can Trish save the worlds she created or are they all doomed to a fate worst than death?

6:Why Prince Charming Ran (children)

In fairy tales the princess is locked in a tower and everyone feels sorry for her because it’s usually a wicked step guardian of some sort or a terrible curse. But what if the Princess had earned a time out? Princess Penelope won’t stop talking. And beyond being annoying, the Princess has the bad taste to be mean and rude as well. Finally pushed past their limits, her Royal family is driven to locking her in the fartest castle tower, on th far side of the kingdom, just to get some peace and quiet.

But while Penelope is supposed to be learning the values of silence, a hapless Prince Charming stumbles across the ‘exiled, innocent maiden’ and vows to rescue her. That is until he gets a running diatribe of how poor his rescue planning was, how silly he looked, how poorly he was faring etc.. By the time he has succeeded the Tower, he understands why the Princess has been locked up and gives the Royal Brat a Royal Telling Off.

Unfortunately her family has arrived at the same time to check on her and all have witnessed the embarrassing scene. Humiliated and ashamed, Penelope flees her Tower and her family, Quickly getting lost in the woods. Charles, the not actually a Prince or even all that Charming, is her only companion as the two quickly fall to the dangers of the Ominous Forest and have to learn when to speak up for themselves, when to listen to each other and most importantly, how to find the words not said.