Chapter 30

(Sam's PoV)

  "Sam, how are you really going holding up?" Charlie Swan asked me

  "I have been better," a strangled, dry, cough came from my lips. "I am sorry about all this Mister Swan, I didn't look after Bella very well."

  "Nonsense. I don't blame you for Bella's disappearance. Nobody can be with her all the time, she's grown now. She is far from being a child and has every right to make her own decisions. Hopefully she is safe and being smart, and happy. Don't make yourself sick over it son."

You heard Charlie right. Bella disappeared, she left. The pack and the council decided not to tell him the truth, as it would break his heart even more and he'd be completely outraged as well. We'll have to tell him sooner or later, we agreed on that much, but until one of us can find the heart to smash what's left of the broken pieces of his own, it will remain a secret.

  "I wish it were that easy, I should've been there. I was being childish and my choice caused all this. The fact that you are sitting here speaking to me is more than I deserve."

  "I'm sure it'll get easier as time goes on. I have to get to the station; if you need anything don't hesitate to call me.Take it easy now," Charlie smiled sadly at me and left.

     It''s been hell. A few days ago I had almost been able to phase back into my wolf again, but now it's worse than ever. That leech hurt her, in the way I sadly knew he would and more so by touching her mark. My mark; her pain radiated through me so strongly that I literally was knocked off my feet. It wasn't my pain to feel, but it was Bella's and I felt it because she felt it. My wolf is practically paralyzed with her pain. What's worse is that my problems and issues were becoming the pack's problems and issues. We are falling apart and weakening. I have to take charge and force myself to be okay, but it's been easier to say it than actually do it.

A few minutes later, I had turned my TV on and indistinct loud noises from another apartment drowned out the volume. 

And than I knew it. Kevin had finally phased. My eyes widened at my realization, Kevin's little sister, Macy. I tore from my chair and through the apartment door; I bounded down a flight of stairs like I was on fire. Macy stood there shaking, tears rapidly streaming from her green eyes. 

  "Macy," I said softly.

  "He's a wolf, a big scary wolf. Kevin got angry and now he's a wolf," sobs shook her tiny body.

  "He's going to be okay, I promise. He won't be like that forever," I crouched down to her level.

  "Really?" Her big eyes lit up through tears.

  I nodded. "Really."

She smiled and tackled me with a hug that nearly knocked me over.

  "You know where my apartment is right?" I asked her.

  "Yes. Up the stairs and the second one on the left side."

  "Correct," I smiled. "Three B. I want you to go to my apartment and watch cartoons; I'll take care of your brother. There's a big caramel filled chocolate bar in my refrigerator, go ahead and eat it. Just stay in the apartment until I come back. Okay?"

  "Okay," Macy smiled widely. "Seeya!" She ran up the stairs.

I shook my head. That girl was too adorable for her own good. I opened Paul's, well, Kevin's door and entered slowly. Just as Macy said, Kevin was a large wolf. It was a sight. Kevin, in wolf form, was pacing back and forth. He was freaking.

   He stopped, finally realizing I was with him. Kevin grunted soft, whining frantically. "Calm down, this is completely normal. If you keep calm long you'll phase back. Normally I would just phase as well, but I can't," I stopped. I couldn't talk about not being able to phase. "As soon as you are human, I'll explain everything."

Kevin grunted again, obviously trying to respond to me.

  "I can't understand you when I'm in human form and you aren't. Calm down and you'll be able to yell at me all you want when you are back human form."

This time he actually growled.

  "Fine don't calm down, It might be awhile til one of the others phases."

He grunted, but his breathing slowed and so did his heartbeat.

  "Good. Just stay focused and any minute now," I stated quietly.

He kept his eyes on me, breathing deep. Moments later he was in human form.

  "What the hell happened to me?" Kevin yelled.

  "Go get some clothes on and I'll tell you everything you need to know."

   "And you just expect me to believe so easily that I'm a werewolf?" Kevin scoffed.

  "Yeah, you did turn into one. It's pretty plausible."

  "And I'm a werewolf because vampires exist? You don't expect me to believe this crap do you? I'm not all that gullible, you need to try better."

  "That guy who took Macy, and now has Bella," I started.

  "Jasper. What about him? He's insane and violent."

  "He's a vampire."

  "Yeah, okay. You must think I'm really stupid," he raised his voice. "I'm not!"

  "Think about it Kevin. You were with Jasper, right?"

  His cheeks reddened. "So?" He got defensive.

  "Are you gay? You slept with Bella."

  "I am not gay!" He snapped. "And it wasn't about sex, I didn't want to sleep with Izzy like that..."

  "See, that leech played mind games. He knew you knew Bella. It was all just charm, all fake. He knew that if he played with that eventually you'd go to Bella."

  "So this is my fault?" He asked sadly.

  "No, we all played our parts."

  "How come you haven't gone after her if she's your whatever-you-called-it?"

  "Because that's a lot easier said than done. I can't even phase right now."

  "Well we have to do something."

  "It's already done Kevin. The bloodsucker won."

  "Bullshit! You just let him have Izzy! There's a way."

  "Even if there is, there's a pack meeting right now. You have a lot to learn."

  "Whatever man. You say you're alpha, but that's a joke."

  "Shut up!" I yelled. "You don't know a thing. I hate myself for not being able to save her. And it's hard to be the alpha my pack needs right now because my wolf refuses to do anything, him hurting and I don't have that kind of control over him at the moment."

  "Dude."

  "Just shut up."

I know this chapter is a bit boring and crappy. I'm sorry for the wait, my orginal idea for chapter 30 couldn't be done because it'd ruin future plans. So I had a bit of writer's block and I got distracted by a couple of new ideas, one is up.

Comment and vote and on and on!

The video is amazing, it has nothing to do with anything. But them two amazing guys make my heart explode. Damian McGinty (Glee, The Glee Project), and Cameron Mitchell (The Glee Project), just AHHHHH!