The Man

It was my thirteenth birthday when it happened. I was sitting around a fire with my sister, music was flowing from the stereo.
   I wasn't the only one who saw him...it. So I know I'm not crazy. Besides even if I ended up being the only one who saw it if I told my parents they would believe me. As much as that's a comforting thought its also a grim reminder. A reminder that things like this happen a lot and not just to me but my sister and parents as well.
   I don't usually like to dwell on it. I'm use to it and they are usually nice. Usually. Not this time. This time I was truly terrified.
  Things like that isn't normal. A entity like that, I have never seen anything like it.
  Unbeknownst to what's out there, my sister called out thinking it was just a person, a man lost. When the figure didn't reply we called again but to no avail.
  That's when we felt it. The weird feeling you get when you know that something isn't right. Your heart begins to thrump and goosebumps form on your skin and your eyes start. watering and there's pounding in your head.
   That's how I felt. I knew at that moment something bad was going to happen. I looked over to my sister and knew she felt the same. Her face contorted to an horrible expression of fear. Her blue eyes seemed to stand out in the night.
  That's when we began to run. Something dark was in our driveway. Something that kept staring at us, kept lurking.
  Apparently running wasn't the best choice because it ran after us. It fucking ran after us.
  I could feel my heart lurch into my throat. I tried to keep up with my sister who was just ahead of me.
  I could feel its breath on my neck but I didn't dare look back, I didn't dare slow. The door of our house was practically 5 feet away.
When my sister's hand reached the knob she flung it open and darted inside. I wasn't far behind her. When we were in, she locked it and backed away. The room was filled with our huffs and pants until we calmed down.

  The next morning my mother said the dog was barking at the door all night.

-michaels_rasp