The Woman On The Stairs.

THE WOMAN ON THE STAIRS

_________________________________________

I don't know how to explain to you what I saw or heard, all I could do is tell you this story. The story of how I never went up stairs. The reason I lived in fear for the three years in this house. Some people would not believe what I am about to tell you, others would. It is hard to believe myself so I wouldn't blame you.

 This all happened awhile back. But I remember it all to well. Obviously since it was the most traumatic series of events in my life, being only 10 years old no one listened when I complained about the woman on the stairs, except my grandma. She was worried I was needing therapy or something, like I was crazy. 

Maybe I was.

Night after night I would ran up to my room, close the door, turn the light off, leaving one small night light on and crawled under my blanket, hoping not to hear her, the light footsteps dragging along the floors as she walked up and down the stairs. I always did. It was like she wanted me to hear her, like the woman on the stairs was doing this on purpose to scare me. She probably was cause whenever she would come around I could feel evil. Smell it even, like she bathed in it.

I never knew what time she would appear but I did know the woman only came out at night. So I would always hurry up to my room before it was dark.

One night things played out differently. This time she decided to come out early.

I was home alone and just about to go up to my room thinking I had time. I grabbed my Nintendo off the kitchen counter and headed off to the hallway and was just about to head up the stairs  when I felt that familiar feeling of evil. 

Terror washed through me and my heart started to pound. 

She was here. 

I could now here the sound of dragging feet. 

My hands started to shake and I dropped my DS, not hearing it hit the floor.

I could feel the cold creeping in.

Dread filled my heart, all the happiness leaking through the cracks.

Then I saw her.

A scream boiled up in my throat and I was about to let It go but I couldn't. I was paralyzed with fear.

I could see her black lifeless eyes boring into mine. She had no pupils whatsoever. Just black. Her skin was so pale I could almost see through her. Her dead, black hair hanged down all the way to her waist.

She looked like death.

I finally had control over my vocal chords again and I used that opportunely to scream.

And when I did Death as I called her disappeared.

I never saw her again after that.

And I was sure glad of it.

~Keshia