A Compilation of True Ghost Stories.

An Unpleasant Visitor In The Night.

_____________________________________

I shot up from my bed, sweat plastered my thin white sheets to my bare legs.

I could faintly remember the nightmare. I was in my room, sitting on my bed minding my own business when I was randomly lifted into the air. An invisible force caused my arms to swing open as if inviting everything that was spinning around my room into me. I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out. It felt like I was being squeezed from the inside. Pain flooded over me. I didn't think it would end but of course every nightmare has a end. Hopefully.

And that is why I am in this horrific state.

What was that all about? I wondered to myself, brushing my long brown hair off my face.

I still havn't looked in my door frame. I never looked there after a bad dream. Even if it was just night time. I would never, never look there. I always would believe I would see someone there, waiting to kill me.

I screamed. I mean what else was I supposed to do? I was young and scared so I called mom.

My mind wondered back to the dream. I have always wondered why I had such weird dreams but this one was over the top. I remembered one thing that caught my eye in the dream. A man. This man was wearing a long, black trench coat and combat boots, his eyes were deep, red orbs. He looked like a monster. Scratch that. He WAS a monster.

I shuddered at the thought.

I listened, trying to hear my mom coming to my aid but all there was was silence.

I called out to mom once again, my voice shaking.

I strained to hear her footsteps.

Nothing.

I called over and over again, pausing after some of my cries to try and hear.

It was dead silent, I thought I could hear my gaspy breath echo through the house.

I sill havn't looked.

My eyes were stilled glued shut.

Then I finally heard my mother's footsteps. I felt like a miracle.

I dared to look into the door frame.

My breath was caught in my throat. Litterally I couldn't breath.

There stood the reason why I would never look in my door frame.

The red eyed man.

~Julia