Reason Number 14

"When do you move on?

You move on when your heart finally understands

that yesterday remains a yesterday,

and it will never be the same again."

-otherhalfwhereareyou.tumblr

My second cycle is a whole lot worse; I vomited twice as much as I did during the first one. I felt weak that I can't even open my eyes, and I can no longer hear my parents, James, Stan, Aya and Lee talking. All I hear are muffled sounds that don't even make sense.

By the end of the second cycle, when I can pretend to sit up straight without falling I ask my Mom and Dad to take me home, they're not really pleased about it, but with my attitude I can get things done my own way. I can feel James' concerned stare all throughout the ride back home, I just ignored him. I know he'll just lecture me about random stuff just because he won't see Cassidy anymore. When we reached home, I immediately went up my room.

When I opened the door, balloons fell everywhere and I saw Lee and Aya holding a banner with Welcome home ANN! printed on a large piece of cloth. I now know why Lee hasn't visited me ever since I asked Mom if I can go home after my second cycle.

Lee's always been the artist, that's one reason why I had fallen madly in love with him then, he can picture and paint beautiful landscapes, he sent me one of his masterpieces then. He painted me a picture of autumn just because he knows how much I love it. It's still posted on my bedroom wall, and when he saw it he smiled.

"I see you're all well prepared!" I said hiding my excitement, I'm not really used to showing Lee and Aya my emotions, half the time I was with them is that I portray no expression at all, like the way some actresses were when they act.

"Aww! You're here early!" When I turned around I saw Cassidy holding a cake.

"I'm supposed to be standing here," she said pointing at the corner. "And will be holding this." She said as she removed the cake from the box, the cake read reason number 7 and an arrow pointing to some empty direction.

"Where the hell is Stan?" she said furious, as if she'd known him all her life.

"What the..." came a wide eyed Stan when he saw me; he glared at James, "Dude! I told you to text me!" James looked confused, probably because of Cassidy or maybe just because he hadn't received Stan's messages; "You did?" he fished out his phone from his back pocket and smiled. "Dude, dead battery."

"And I told you not to open that cake when I'm still not here!" He shouted towards Cassidy.

"Gosh! You sound like my Mom! You even look like her too."

I laughed, the only ones who pulled it off are Aya and Lee talk about a dynamic duo. "What're you supposed to do anyway?"