Reason Number 13

Sometimes when my limbs ache

I can't tell if it is because

I am tired or genuinely hurting or yearning

To get out and run fast for miles until I lose all feelings

And drown in stupefaction

-anditslove.tumblr

I felt someone raise my arm and when I open my eyes I saw Cassidy taking my blood pressure. "Sorry that I woke you up, vitals." She said smiling. I just smiled back weakly.

"Your brother sure snores a lot. Your Mom and Dad just went home they said if you wake up I'll tell you. I told your brother that I can go check up on you so he wouldn't have to cut class." I wonder if she still hears through her stethoscope, since she's talking a lot.

After a few moments of silence, she pulled out her stethoscope and continued with her monologue. "So your brother has a crush on me huh?"

I laughed, I can feel my brother's breathing become shallow, and I know he's awake now and that he's only pretending.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"I saw the stars, it's still glued on the floor you know." She said laughing.

"Love at first sight." I said a little louder just to piss my brother. I know that when Cassidy's gone he'll pull out every monitor connected to me and he'll just kill me.

"He doesn't even talk when I'm here." Now she knows that James is just faking that he's asleep.

"Shy." I winked and she smiled.

"Well, if he's not going to wake up then I'll go and check the other patients." She slowly arranged her blood pressure apparatus and stethoscope and slowly walked through the door backwards, when she reached for the doorknob, James is still hard as rock. She mouthed, "Your brother is stupid!" And she left. I laughed, James stirred and I slapped him hard on the back.

"Hey! For someone so sick, you sure are strong." He said rubbing the spot that I just slapped.

"You're such an idiot!" I said shaking my head; it is already obvious that Cassidy likes him too.

"What do you want me to do, wake up all of a sudden and tell her that I like her?" he said.

"You're eavesdropping!" I laughed at him.

"I'm not, I just happen to be in the same room." He said rolling his eyes like a teenage girl would do.

"Do you really like her? Why didn't you tell me? Why did you tell Stan first?" I was a little jealous. Before Stan, I am James confidante now he doesn't tell me anything.