Chapter 30 - Rescue Mission

Cassie's POV

The door opening has my guard up. The beast stands by the door once again but this time, he is not alone. A lean man with a slightly muscular build walks in behind him and takes a seat on the stool. He has dirty blonde hair and dull grey eyes. He seems to be studying me too. His eyes seem calculating. Feeling the tension Gabriel stirs in my arms but I sooth him by rubbing slow circles on his back to which the man, who I am guessing is the 'boss' smirks. "It is a pleasure to meet such a beautiful creature. My name is Dimitri Ivankov, now I won't hurt you or the child- if all goes as planned." he said with a distinct Russian accent, before leaning forward on the stool. His eyes grey growing even colder than I thought possible, "if not well...that would be very unfortunate but all depends on you Mrs De Luca and your actions. Do you understand?"

I replied with a stern nod of my head but made sure I kept the fury in my eyes unhidden. Dimitri smiled in seeing this which made me even angrier, but I was scared enough to keep my mouth shut and pull my boy close. Dimitri brushed off the invisible dust from his thighs before getting up. After sending one more final look in my direction and a fleeting glance at Gabriel he nod's once at the beast before leaving the room. The beast suddenly starts walking towards me and before I can even blink Gabriel is ripped from my arms.

Angelo's POV

We parked the cars a mile away from the building. The car was hidden by trees on the side of the road. The walk to the abandoned Cathedral took about fifteen minutes. When we got there, we hid in the forestry growth on the far side of the ruined building. Diego leading the six or so men he took with him on the other side of the building, radioed me.

"Okay, we have to guards standing guard in front of the doors. Four more wondering around the front of the Cathedral, three patrolling the south side which holds the cemetery; and from the broken windows, we counted about twelve or so who are also armed. Might be more not too sure." He said relaying the information calmly and clearly despite the dire situation.

"Got it" I replied quickly.

Feeling my phone vibrate, I take it out of my back pocket. It's a text message from Derick.

Derick: En route Sir. The boys and I will reach the site in 30mins tops.

Me: Good. So far we counted about 21 or so men. We have 13 of Diego's men. How many men are with you?

Derick: 16 men and fully armed, Sir

Me: Great. Get your ass here! We're going in.

Derick: Copy that, Sir.

Radioing Diego, I let him know more men were on the way. My blood was boiling with both anger and anticipation. I can't remember the last time I felt this violent. I wanted to rush in there this very second and get my family back, but the more logical part of me was screaming that would make matters worse. I wouldn't just get myself killed but also my family. The expensive and sleek Mercedes Maybach Sedan clearly suggested that the 'Boss' was in there doing God knows what, but I was sure they would be safe for now because they were just bait for Diego.

Glancing back at the doors of the Cathedral I see a massive man who looked more animal than human, walked out carrying a little crying and thrashing body in his arms. Taking the safety off my gun, I jumped to my feet only to be dragged back by Diego's second in command, Santiago. "No offence man but we gotta play this smart or someone could get hurt, ya hear me" he whispered quickly urgently.

Glaring at him I almost growled before shrugging his hand off my arm. "That's my son, I already watched them take him away from me once I won't let it happen again?" Just as I was about to stand up again when one of the other men called my attention. "Hey Boss look over there, who's that hot piece of ass?" Glancing up sharply back in the direction of my son, just in time to see a woman closing the car door and moving forward. She looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it, until she turned around in our direction - scanning the area. The air was instantly knocked out of me. "S-Sarah" I stuttered shocked at her involvement. Cursing in my mother tongue I push the button on the small microphone attached to my chest and inform Diego that the woman who has just appeared is no other than the cousin of Gabriel's biological mother.