Chapter 26 - Meeting The Dead

Angelo has been acting so weird for the past few days. He is coiled with tension and gets lost in his thoughts frequently, he is here but so far away at the same time; that's the only way I can describe it. I don't know what is wrong with him as he won't talk to me, not for the lack of trying, but I don't want to be 'the nagging' wife; we've not even been married a full month yet.

Hearing the front door slam shut I quickly grab Gabriel and lace up his shoes. Calling the chauffeur, I ask him to being the car around as I need to go into town. "Sorry Stephan, could you get Gabriel's back pack, I left it in the hallway" I explained apologetically. "Sure Mrs De Luca" he answered before walking back into the house. As Gabriel was already placed in the car seat in the back, I slid in to the drivers seat and sped of the villa driveway in the direction Angelo went in."Where we going mummy?" Gabriel asked from the back seat. "To see what daddy's up to" I mumbled back, realising how bad that sounded. 'God! What am I doing?' I think to myself.

I know how bad this looks and I trust Angelo, but something is off and I need to make sure he is really 'fine'. After a few minutes I spot his Bentley Rapier and stay a three cars behind him. A few minutes later we pulled up at another villa not too far from where we are currently staying. When his car stops I park my own, a safe distance away; watching as Angelo get out. He makes a phone call and as I am curiously pondering on who he may be talking to, a shocked gasp is pulled from my throat as he searching gaze clashes with mine. "Damn it " I whisper loudly but stay frozen as he angrily stalks towards my parked car.

Hastily getting out of the car, taking Gabriel with me I turn around to face the music. I was counting on the fact that with Gabriel in my arms he couldn't get too angry, right? "Okay sweetie, you gotta help mummy out here." Turning to face me, sweet baby blue eyes clash with mine this time. "Why mummy is you in trouble with daddy?" he asked his cute round face pulling in to a slight frown. "Erm, something like that" I reply to my smart little boy and kiss his cheek, just as Angelo approaches. "Oh Oh" Gabriel whispers after taking one look at Angelo's face before hiding his face in the crook of my neck. If I wasn't about to face Angelo's fury I may have found it comical.

"Cassie, what the hell are you doing here? Don't you dare lie to me, I talked to Stephan and I know you followed me." he practically growled with an angry scowl gracing his handsome features. Sighing in defeat, I was just about to explain myself when a throat clearing caught both our attention. We both turned to face a complete replica of the De Luca men. "Diego" Angelo croaked all anger melting away and in its place pure disbelief and shock. "What?" I burst out when it finally registered to me what had just come out of my husbands' mouth.'His dead brother, Diego?' I thought to myself. I turned so sharply to face Angelo, and I am sure I now have whiplash as a result. Gabriel didn't like the action either and he makes this known by fussing before getting comfortable.

"Hello brother, it has been a long time. Why don't you come in, I know you came here to see me and we have a lot to talk about" he said with a somber expression before turning around and walking back in to his own villa. Angelo who was still tense, took Gabriel from me and grabbed my free hand before dragging shocked body after them. What the hell just happened?

***
Hi guys, its been a while life's been busy... I know this chapter is a bit short but i thought it was better than having nothing at all so, will try to set up a schedule where I upload at least once a week, every Wednesday.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter though...comment, like, share! 😊