Chapter 29 - Mine

Angelo's POV

I watched in horror as they kidnapped my wife and child unable to do anything to stop it from happening.
My son's constant screams for me tore at something in me and a possessive urge to protect what's mine was provoked.

"CASSIE! GABRIEL!" I shouted in anger and fear as they hauled my family into the back of a van. All be damned I started to run forward - after them, only to be forcefully pulled back by my brother just as the bullet flew just a few centimeters by my head.

"You stay with me, you stay safe baby brother...We'll find them. I swear it on my life I will get back your family" he vowed fiercely in my ear before shouting orders to his men. "Round them up boys and take them down to the cells" he shouted before shooting the guy to our left in the foot and dragging me inside.

Rage and fear entwined themselves within my blood which roared through my veins thirsty to spill the blood of the men who kidnapped my family. Turning sharply towards my brother, my jaws clenched in anger and hands closed into fists so tight I could probably break stone with them.

"Where the hell are they and who took my fucking family" I growled barely holding onto my anger.

Already angry himself he placed a drink in front of me, whiskey I'm guessing. Taking the glass I lifted it up to my thinned lips and threw the whole thing down my throat.

"The Russians" he spat out in disgust a second later. "I am a very powerful man now Diego I have connections in high places and I am going to use all my resources to get back my family" I replied in frustration.

"We don't ever bring in the authorities...I and my men will handle it" he insisted before adding as an afterthought, "You still remember how to use a gun?" With a serious nod in reply to his question and a slight smirk, he sighed. "and who said anything about the authorities, I have men I trust." I add with authority in my voice

"Okay brother I will go have a little chat with some of the men who attacked us and then we'll go get back your family, si" he stated before starting towards the door.

Going up to the room we stayed in together I pulled out my phone and called someone I knew I could count on to help me find Cassie and Gabriel.
Dialling the number a groggy voice answered with a short "Hello".

"Derick, I need you to use all the resources we have...my wife and child have been kidnapped and I need them found immediately"

"Christ De Luca" he exclaimed alert now, "What the hell happened? I need more to work with, man. Time? Location? Vehicle type? Number plate? Anything" he asked a slight hint of worry sneaking out of his professional voice. Answering as much as I could remember during all that chaos I wait and listen to his response. "Okay boss, I got everything down I will call the team and get started, we'll take the company plane out there," he said and after a hesitant pause added, "hang tight boss we'll get them back" he murmured softly before hanging up.

That small show of support in that moment broke me. Falling to my knees I did something I haven't done since I was a little child, I sobbed. My broad shoulder shaking from the pain that I held inside. The utter fear I felt in that moment gripped me, I have lived this life before I know all about the type of people that kidnapped my family. They are killers - just as I was once upon a time, just like my brother is now and they won't hesitate to hurt my family. Despite the fact that they are just an innocent woman and child. They will do anything to get what they want. This cruel life is what my father, parents tried to take us away from. In that moment I understood my brother's sacrifice he chooses the darkness, sacrificing his soul so that our family could live in the light because no one left the business but we had at a price, the loss of Diego.