Part 4

His hands remain firm on my cheeks when I finally open my eyes. 

He smiles at me and says, "Can you feel how real it was?"

I stare at his eyes. They're blue. Calm ocean blue.

"Pretty much. Yes. Thank you," I smile and place my fingers on top of his, "Now can you kindly show me where the cinema room is?"

"You know what," he says, "I have a much better room to show you."

***

"Where have you been!" Beth shrieks when she sees me sneaking back into the group. "I was so worried!" 

"Ok everyone, that's all for tour!" the guide is heard saying, "I hope you enjoyed it."

"You missed the tea," Beth says to me, "They were actually pretty good."

"Sorry, it was so nice outside I lost the track of time."

I want to tell Beth what happened, but I don't think I should do it now. She might faint. 

We follow the group back to the locker room to collect our bags and phones. As we queue toward the exit, someone taps my back. 

I turn around and I see a guy in suit staring down at me. He has Buckingham Palace logo attached to his suit pocket. 

"Excuse me, miss York?" he says, "I have been instructed to take you somewhere."

"What?" Beth speaks before I can even open my mouth, "Take her where?"

"I'm afraid it's a private matter," he looks at me.

"But I have to get on the bus with the rest of my group," I say to him, "We're leaving now."

"I have been instructed by someone," he says with his eyes planted firmly on mine, "And he wishes to see you now."

He means William.

"Who is this someone?" Beth asks, "Paris, what's going on?"

I look at Beth, her worried eyes, and I look at the rest of the group who has started boarding the bus. "Sorry," I say to the guy, "But I must go now. Or else I'll get in trouble with my teacher."

"But Miss York━" he says

"Quit calling me Miss, it's annoying. My name is Paris. Paris York," I say to him before I pull Beth's hand and run toward the bus.

"What was that?" Beth asks when we're finally seated inside the bus. "Who is that guy and what does he want?"

I shrug, "I'm as clueless as you."

"Then why did you brush him off?" Beth asks again, "It looked to me you knew what he wanted."

I look at Beth. 

I guess I do have to tell her. 

"Look Beth, I met ━"

My phone rings. Rolling Stones' You Can't Always Get What You Want bursts loudly through the quiet bus, and a couple of people started laughing.

"Nice ringtone, Paris," someone shouts from the back row.

"Shut up," I shout back as I swipe my finger on the screen. "Hello?"

"Why did you leave?" someone asks, "I wanted to see you again."

It's him. Prince William is calling me.

"How did you get my number?" I ask him.

"Are you serious?" he replies, "How did I get your number?"

"I'm not comfortable with the fact that British government has access to my personal information," I say to him and he laughs out loud.

"Please don't leave," he says, "Let's spend the rest of the day together."

"Hey I am already on the bus and my friend Beth is sitting right next to me," I emphasize Beth's name to signal him that I cannot speak freely.

"You haven't told anyone what we've done?" he asks, sounding surprised.

I turn my head away from Beth and whisper to my phone, "I don't sleep and tell, okay? I really can't talk now. Bye."

I hang up the call and it soon starts ringing again. 

I press the Reject button and turn off my phone. 

I hear Beth lets out a long sigh, "I should have guessed," she says, shaking her head, "You slept with a Palace guard, didn't you? That's why you took forever."

***