Epilogue- Across the Pond

Ireland

Ardan walked through the dimmly lit halls of the manor, his pace quick as he made his way to his destination. The message on the parchment he held tightly between his fingers had made his shoulders tense and his jaw clench. This wasn't part of his plan. All of his years of training and dedication and hard work were about to be reduced to a stupid field job, and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

As he turned a corner, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Out of the courner of his eyes he saw a familiar hand clawed with pink acrylic nails.

"Get off me, Moira. I'm not in the mood." he said, shrugging her hand off. The dumb girl didn't get the message and scampered after him, trying to get another hold on him but it was hard for her in her designer heels. Ardan didn't understand why she was here at all, or who the hell she had descended from, but she always got on his nerves. She had been throwing herself at him for the past few years, but lately she had taken it up a notch. Pretty soon, he was going to have to finle some sort of restraining order. Hell, mayber there was a bright side to his relocation.

"Moira, I'm trying to be kind." Ardan began through clenched teeth. "So please get the hell away from me. I'm busy." He could see the door just a few steps away. One of his friends, Ronan, was guarding today and the two nodded to each other.

"But babe-" Moira began, but she was cut off as Ardan quickly flew around the door frame and Ronan and the other guard slammed the doors in her face.

"Thank God." Ardan said on an exhale. Ronan smirked at him before going back to his stoic post. Ardan didn't the time to look around the plush room. He walked up tot he desk towards the back of the room where a woman was sitting, scribbling something in an antique looking leather bound book.

"I'm here to see Keelan." he said in commandingly, but respectively. The woman looked up at him with an unimpressed gaze, but seemed to notice his urgency. She pressed a few buttons on the conference phone on the corner of her desk, and nodded for him to continue. Ardan turned to his left, navigating the long bright hallway before stopping at the antique double doors at the end. He knocked respectively before hearing a gruff "come in".

Ardan entered the room and walked up to the large wooden desk in the center of the room. A blood red carpet covered the floor, and antique weapons linde the walls. The man he was waiting for stood with his back to Ardan, staring out a large window.

"What do you need that's so urgent, Kane?" the man ask, his voice deep an intimidating, even to Ardan who had been hunting and killing dangerous beasts for years.

"We recieved a letter today, from some of our American correspondents. It was about your daughter." Ardan informed him, then tensed himself for the storm the information would release. Though Keelan was a deeply secretive man, many of the members knew how touchy he was with the subject of his daughter.

Keelan spun around so fast that Ardan could see every ounce of his ancient strength in it. The lights cast dark shadows over the mans eyes, and Ardan could see a muscle in his jaw clench.

"Well then? What has she done now?" Keelan asked in a carefully measured tone. His eyes dared Ardan to deliver bad news.

"She has found a clan of werewolves and her powers are beginning to awaken. She was severely injured this past weekend fighting an alpha and a hunter." Ardan said formally, reciting a brief summary of the letter before handing him the physical copy. Clery snatched it out of his hand and quickly scanned the words written within. Once he finished reading, he crumbled it with one hand and threw it across the room. Though Keelan Clery was attempting to conceal it in order to preserve his image as a controlled leader, Ardan could feel the rage rolling off of him in waves.

"It seems as though I need to clean up her mess." Keelan stated without emotion. He seemed to ponder something before quickly looking at Ardan. "You're coming along as well. Pack tonight, we will be leaving by tomorrow evening. Talk to McCormac so that he can arrange any necessary training equiptment to be flown out with us." Ardan clenched his fists as he prepared for what he was about to say.

"With all due respect, Mr. Clery, I feel that this station needs me-" Ardan began, but he was silenced.

"I think, Mr. Kane, that I may or may not know what I am doing by assigning you this role. Do not argue this with me again." Mr. Clery said with a voice that could kill even the immortal. Ardan nodded his head mechically.

"Of course, sir." Ardan replied.

"Go now, pack, say your goodbyes. I will have Miranda contact you with our flight arrangements later this evening." Keelan informed him, and then turned back to his window as if Ardan was already gone. He was clearly finished with this conversation.

Ardan felt white hot frustration course through him as he walke back to his room. He angrily yanked his suitcase from his closet and tossed it onto the bed. He ran his hands through his hair, yanking it, before walking over to the bed and slamming his fists repeatedly into a pillow.

He hadn't even met Maebh Clery yet, and he already hated her.

~~~

TA DAH! I had written a different epilogue, but I realized this was more relevant to the next story. I hope you guys read it, even though it was a Maebh/Stiles chapter because it's an important precursor to the next book. WHICH IS NOW POSTED (LOOK FOR IT ON MY PAGE) the first chapter at least.

I have been absolutely loving all of your comments about the book and the new book and honestly i love you all so much and i want to buy you all some delicious pizza to show my appreciation. odijweofij <3

I guess, in conclusion, I should say thank you for putting up with this story and reading it. Not to sound too uppity, but I'm proud of myself for stuicking to this and it fels amazing to have finsihed it as well as to have had so much support from you guys as well as my friends. It brings a smile to my face every day, and hopefully will continue too.

And last but not least, I will be uploading my originals soon! If anyone cared ab that. I know I don't shut up about that and I'm sorry. I might make a different account for them, however, but we'll see. Anywho, HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY IF I DON'T SPEAK TO YOU ALL BEFORE THEN AND EAT LOTS OF DELICIOUS FOOD!

Much love,

Rachel