13

Abby POV

I met with May after school that day to go shopping. Addie wasn't home because she was saying goodbyes to Winter.

At the mall, we stopped by a couple stores and then sat down at Auntie Anne's, the best pretzel place ever.

I ordered my usual, a cinnamon pretzel. I waited for about 5 minutes until I started getting really impatient.

"Order for Apple?"

Apple? Who's name is Apple?

Nobody moved. Where was this Apple person?

"A cinnamon pretzel for Apple?"

Nobody moved. Who was Apple? Why weren't they getting their pretzel? Wait.

Was Apple... me?

I furiously walked up to the counter.

"Hi I ordered a cinnamon pretzel but my name isn't Apple," I complained.

"Then go wait for your order," the worker said rudely.

"Excuse me? You think you can talk to me like that?" I shouted. I swallowed. Maybe making a scene wasn't the best idea. "How long do you think the order for Abby is going to take?" I said more calmly.

"There is no order for Abby."

"There isn't?!" Now I was getting really angry.

"Just give me Apple's!!!!" I yelled.

"Abby stop," May whispered towards me.

I snatched the bag with the pretzel and stormed off.

"Come again!" The worker said.

"In your dreams you dummy," I called back.

"Apple, I mean Abby! Wait!" May called after me.

Ignoring the fact she canisters called me Apple, I stormed out of the mall and towards the car.