Chapter 1 (that other pic is for the first book)

May POV (when she was 11)
"Can Winter come over?" I asked my mom.
"Sure, for how long?"
"When her mom calls, she'll go home."
"Ok."
Then I called Winter so she could come over.
After 3 minutes, the doorbell rang. I looked through the peephole and saw her obviously dyed red hair.
I opened the door, and gave her a big bear hug.
"I know school just ended an hour ago, but I can't be away from you for so long! I also brought my homework." Winter said.
Her real name isn't Winter, her real name is Erica. She hates the name Erica, so she decided to call herself Winter. She has stuck with that name ever since. And I'm just May. Like the month. In the spring time.
"When do you want to do?" I asked her.
"I brought my bathing suit."
"Ok, I'll go change."
Then I ran upstairs and stripped off my clothes. I quickly put on my favorite bikini, with pink watermelons and polka dots. When I got downstairs, Winter had already changed, probably in the bathroom. She was wearing a one piece, which had purple and blue stripes across going horizontally.
"Let's go." I said. So we walked out the back door and into the backyard, which had my pool.
I watched as Winter quickly jumped into the blue glistening water. I quickly followed.
The water gave a quick burst of coldness, especially in my stomach. I pulled myself up to the surface.
Winter was sitting on the step (still in the pool). I swam over to her and sat down next to her.
"Promise me we will be best friends forever." She said. I smiled, showing off my white bright teeth.
"Promise," I responded. Then I grabbed two float tubes and handed one to her. We hopped on and floated around, letting the sun shine on our faces. Then Mom came out.
"Would you like a snack?" She said.
"Yes!" We both exclaimed.
We scurried out of the pool.
"It's all yours." Mom said, placing it on the table and she walked back inside.
She had brought out crackers, cheese, and grapes.
"Winter, I never want this day to end." I said to her.
"Me neither." She responded.
We sat there quietly for a moment. Then I found something to say.
"Wanna do our nails?"
"Sure."
We dried ourselves off with towels and ran upstairs to my room where my nail polish collection was.
"What color do you want?" I asked her.
"Sea blue,"she answered.
"With glitter!" We said at the same time. Then we giggled. I slowly and carefully painted her nails, and was about to add the glitter when my mother walked in.
"Winter, do you want to sleep over? Your parents said you could."
"Yes! Of course! Is that even a question?" She answered. Then mom left the room and I went back to doing her nails.
•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•
My neighbors are moving away.
They were considered as "old people".
They names were Mr. and Mrs. Bakersfield. They bought a condo in Hawaii.
Nobody is buying their house. People come in the house and then they find a better one. I bet I know why.
So the Bakersfield's can pay for their condo, it costs 7,500 dollars. Nobody wants to buy it.
I am always telling the Bakersfield's to lower their price, but any other price "simply won't do." (And I quote). They are greedy those Bakersfield's.