Chapter 44: Her Return

Brianna's POV

Where: Paris, France

Time: 7 pm

"Brianna, look at this one. Do you think we still need to add some small ribbons on the sleeve?"

I looked at the dress that she was holding up. "Nah. It'll be too much."

Aurelie nodded and went back to her desk. Caroline walked up to me afterwards. 

"What time is your flight?" She asked.

"10." I answered without looking at her. I'm busy kasi sa mga kailangan pang tapusin before ako umalis. 

"Are you sure you're just gonna leave this to me? Why not just assign someone to do the work overseas?" 

Pagka-sign ko dun sa last page, tumingin na ako sa kanya. "I hate to admit this, but you're capable enough. Besides, I already told Mrs Gomez that I will personally greet her as soon as I come back. We don't want our precious asset to feel disappointed, do we?" 

"So you've finally decided to show your face in public."

"Pretty much." Tumayo ako at binigay sa kanya ang isang folder. "The new designs and the upcoming schedules for this month are already in that folder. Don't forget to contact the Clothing Holders by tomorrow."

She took the folder and scanned them; few strands of her blonde hair were falling on her face. "We actually don't have nothing to lose if we lose Mrs Gomez. We have The Hermosa Enterprises at your back!"

I looked at her sharply. "You know too well that I want to be independent from my family's influence."

"Fine fine~"

"Merci, Caroline."

She smiled and hugged me. "De rien. Tu me manques, Brianna."

"Tu me manques aussi."

Charles De Gaulle Airport, 9pm

Nandito na ako sa airport at naghihintay ng tawag para mag-board ng plane. It's been 3 years since I left the Philippines and now babalik na ulit ako. Masyado pang maaga para sakin para bumalik. Plano ko talagang bumalik to get things right but now was just too early. Hindi pa ako ready pero wala akong choice. Ang pag-balik ko ng Pilipinas ay kailangan kong gawin for business. Plano ko kasing magtayo ng outlet sa Pilipinas at marami akong kailangan ayusin. 

3 years ago nung sinendan ako ni Daddy ng plane ticket, sa Paris ang destination ko; kung nasaan nakatira ang parents ko at kung saan nakatayo ang main business namin. Kami ang may-ari ng The Hermosa Enterprises which was the second sa listahan ng pinaka-mayaman na company sa buong France.

 I had a hard time with my Dad for a few months of staying in Paris. Hindi ako nag-aral kahit na inenroll na nila ako sa isang prestigious school. But then I discovered something about me. I had a deal with my Dad na mag-aaral na ako tulad ng gusto nya kung ishi-shift nya ako ng course. Fortunately, pinayagan nya ako and that course? Fashion Designing.