№ 20. I've Got Game

"Who are you?"

I popped one eye open, and let my vision follow where the blunt voice had carried. There stood a lanky boy, pale with a vibrant crop of red hair and dark brown eyes. He had a toothbrush wedged in between his inner cheek and gums, and stared boredly back at me.

I sat up groggily, and quickly smoothed down my hair instinctively. My morning hair was never cooperative.

"I'm Cassidy," I stuck out a hand from under the covers. 

"Finn," he murmered, shaking my hand briskly before going back to scrubbing his teeth.

I nodded as we stared at each other,  "You're George's younger brother, right?"

"Yeah, to that arse."

Suddenly George burst through the door, grabbing Finn by the shoulder.

"I told you not to wake her."

"Oh get off of me. She was already up."

I couldn't help but laugh as I watched their dynamic. George smacked his head and shooed him out, but not before Finn got a punch in.

"Bogger off," George concluded.

I crossed my legs and waited as George sighed, hanging his head in an embarrassed manner.

"Sorry about that."

"It's not a big deal. You guys are funny together. "

George looked up, shooting me a grin. 

"Glad you think so."

I yawned and stretched my arms high over my head, "What time is it?"

George sat down on the edge of the bed, as far as possible from where I lay, "7:30."

"Jesus, you people don't like to sleep in around here."

"Well, Barbie, I wanted to get an early start, show you around the town."

He paused, skimming over the interior of the room before his eyes fell on me. George always looked well put together, even at 7:30 in the morning. I felt myself waver, and pretended to look out the window when his gaze lasted longer than necessary.

I smiled at his plan and George started towards the door, "So get ready, we'll have some breakfast."

I nodded and watched him go, slipping out from the under the covers as soon as he left. My hair wasn't planning on behaving today, so I scraped it back into a high poney-tail, dressed, and skipped downstairs to find Finn and Chelsea sat a the kitchen table. Various plates piled high with eggs, toast, sausage, and perhaps a dozen other breakfast foods littered the table and Chelsea and Finn chewed silently. George's mother was behind the stove yet again, and quickly tossed aside a pan into the sink before rounding the counter and setting down another entrée.

"Well good mornin' dear! How'd you sleep?"

"Oh, everything was great, just uh, not used to waking up so early."

Chelsea snickered and took a swig of tea, before picking up her fork and stabbing her sausage rather powerfully. Finn chewed slowly and took his time cutting his eggs.

"Take a seat then. I think you'll like what I've made."

I pulled out a chair and sat, scanning over the spread but George's mother beat me to it. She rose, quickly forking every pile and plopping it onto my small plate until I had a small mountain. George trotted into the kitchen just as I mentally prepared myself to take on the hulking mass on my plate.