№ 8. Paint War

What is the difference between Pretty Powder Blue and Baby Kisses Blue? How can anyone even match a color to the kisses of a baby - is that appropriate? I looked between the two paint cards with a frown and crinkled brow, maybe I'm not feminine enough for this. Don't get me wrong, I loved picking out colors as much as the next girl, but is there really a need for thirty shades of blue? I thought there was just dark, medium and light. Simple.

"This color would be perfect Barbie."

I inhaled, preparing myself for the next extreme paint color George would propose since he had already picked out Pickle Green, Orange Creamsicle, and Hot Pink Extravaganza. He either had a seriously messed up color scheme or was a straight up douche. I'm going with the second choice.

"Oh goody, what do we have now George," I turned on my heel, dragging my feet towards the rather excited male at the end of the paint counter who was holding a jumble of paint cards in his grasp. I slid past the line of girls that were also checking out a lot more than the colors that lay beside George, and wrinkled my nose at their obvious drooling. So what if he was blatantly handsome and had one of the most charming smiles I had ever seen, didn't make a difference. Well, maybe just a little bit. Teensiest bit.

"Alright alright, no need to get fresh."

I gave him a pointed smile; such an ass. George spread out ten colors on the counter, grinning in triumph at his tasteful selection. I scanned it over, immediately checking off four, "No no no, and no."

George rose an eyebrow, "Alright," and flicked off the four flaws from the counter, not caring that they scattered in all directions.

"Six left Barbie," he whistled.

I rolled my eyes, looking back at the other colors available. Alright, neon lime - not a rave but my room; I shook my head at that one and George immediately rid of it. Next three, Indigo - I'm not a vampire, Black - I don't worship Satan, and Red Wine - just, blech. George swiped those as well on to the floor and suddenly we were left with three and surprisingly, they were normal, tolerable colors. Firstly, I was shocked to see a Lavender and wondered how George could pick out such a color. The last two were a Sea-foam Blue and a Pale Green. I liked them, really liked them, and I smiled at his choices.

"So, which one?"

I scanned between the Sea-foam Blue and Pale Green, "I don't know, I like 'em both."

George held up the two, placing one on either side of my face.

"What are you doing?" I questioned with a laugh.

George shut one eye and stuck his tongue out in thought, "I'm seeing which one is more...Barbie."

I rolled my eyes and he dropped his arms, giving me a stern look, "You know, you've really got to stop doing that. People will think you're mental."

I scoffed at him, "I'm not mental."

George grinned, framing my face with the colors again, but leaning in just a few inches from my nose with those same mischievous eyes, "Then stop rolling your eyes love," he said in a taunting tone.

I swallowed; he was close, maybe a bit too close for comfort. But my body didn't seem to mind as my hands suddenly curled into small fists and my bottom lip unconsciously found it's way locked underneath my two front teeth. Get it together Cassidy.

"Sea-foam."

"What?" I glanced back at George.

"You're definitely Sea-foam Barbie."

I gulped, alright, color selection done. Now, all I need is to buy the stuff and get out. Too bad George is the one that drove me here and now I'm getting uncomfortable in the most wrong way possible.