Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Damon and Nicholas both sat in wooden chairs across from me. I was sitting on Damon’s very comfortable bed wearing one of his shirts and pants. Damon made Nicholas gather some for me while I stood behind that curtain naked before. I kept wriggling my toes and braiding my hair. My hair is seriously long, like knee-length long. I never really thought of cutting it before because I always kept it in a braid anyways. I glanced up at Damon. He was hunched forward with his head in his hands and occasionally looked up at me. Nicholas was leaning back with his arms cross staring at Damon, waiting for him to say something as well.

“How the hell am I supposed to give him a mermaid who has legs?” He asked into the air, not to anyone in particular.

“You don’t.” I answered and looked him directly in the eyes when he looked up at me. He sighed and shook his head.

“We need to try something! Anything! Do you have any idea how important this trade was for me?!” he nearly yelled. He stood and the chair tipped and fell to the floor.

“No I don’t, but frankly I don’t care!” I fell back onto the bed and stared at the ceiling.

“Get in the tub.” Damon said suddenly. I sat up and looked at him like he was crazy.

“No way!” He came towards me and I rolled off the opposite side of the bed. I grabbed a chair (he had a big room and a lot of chairs) and held it up as defense.
“Put that chair down and get in the freaking tub!”

“No freaking way! Do you have any idea how boring it is to sit in a tub all day and do absolutely nothing?” He lunged towards me and I threw the chair at him and hurtled myself across the bed and to the opposite side of the room. Damon walked around the bed and closed in on me. Nicholas stood suddenly and tried to get in between Damon and me.

“Damon, leave her alone. You’re scaring her.” He said calmly. Damon just looked at him then scooped my up and over his shoulder.
“Damon! Put me down this instant! I will not go in that tub!” I managed to knee him in the gut and he dropped me. After that he just sat down and left me alone. He was really that desperate for me to be a mermaid again that he would force me to do it?

“Please Damon,” I inched closer to him. “let me stay this way. A mermaid can stay out of water for exactly 48 hours before she must get back into it. When my 48 hours is up I’ll go back into water, I promise!” I pleaded to him. I felt pretty low begging to a human like I was but I really wanted to keep my legs. And to think that all of this was happening in one day (and I’m fully conscience)! Just wait until Nami hears…if I ever see her again.

“Fine,” he said. I smiled wide and thanked him. I looked out the window and noticed the sun was setting.
“How far until Elmgate?”

“We should reach it tomorrow at noon.” Nicholas chimed in.

“Oh, okay. Where should I sleep?”

“You can sleep in my bed with me?” Damon smirked at me and I purposely twisted my face in disgust.
“No thanks. If you can just bring something for to sleep in here, though, that will be fine.” I knew I was agreeing to sleeping in Damon’s room but I liked it in here. I felt safe and at least I didn’t agree to sleeping in the same bed!

“Uh, we don’t have any extra beds for you to sleep in…,” Nicholas stated. “It’s either you share a bed or you sleep on the floor…”

“I guess the floor will have to work then!” I purposely looked at Damon so he understood I would rather sleep on the cold wooden floor than in a warm bed with him. “Do you guys at least have blankets to keep me warm?”