A Blast from the Past

Chapter 1

Abi and Steve's plan of finding Bucky had been interrupted before it could even begin by Thor. Thor had returned to find Loki's sceptre which had somehow managed to go missing in the aftermath of Washington. Therefore, the Avengers had regrouped and had been bringing down Hydra bases in the hope of finding the sceptre. Today was no different. The team were in Sokovia, Eastern Europe attempting to take down a base run by some scientists lead by Baron von Strucker but was still incredibly well guarded.

Natasha was driving a car while Clint shot at the enemy from the back. Tony was flying around shooting everything he could. Abi and Steve were both on motorbikes shooting who they could. Thor was flying and electrocuting people and the hulk was basically smashing everything. The enemy was heavily armed with new tech none of them had come across before.

Tony flew up to the main compound but hit some kind of force field. "Shit!" Was his answer.

"Language." Steve replied over the comms causing Abi to give him a look.

"Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?" Abi asked the A.I.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield." Came the computers response. "Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken."

"Loki's sceptre must be here." Thor said as he took out a group of men. "Strucker couldn't mount this defence without it. At long last."

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys." Natasha said as she took out a gun post.

"I've got to agree with you." Abi responded as she rode and jumped a century post and dropped a grenade.

"Yeah, I think we lost the element of surprise." Was Clint's response as he shot out a century post.

"Wait a second." Tony said as he shot out a group of guys. "Is no one else going to deal with the fact that Cap just said language?"

"I know." Steve said as he flipped his bike up into one of the enemy cars. "Just slipped out."

They shot out the wheels of Abi's bike causing her to fall into the snow.

"You alright?" Steve asked.

"Couldn't be better." She said as she threw her knife into a guard's throat. She retrieved it and continued heading for the complex.

"Sir, the city is taking fire." Jarvis alerted Tony.

"Well, we know Strucker's not gonna worry about civilian casualties. Send in the Iron Legion." Tony said.

Tony's remote control robot suits flew into the city and attempted to help people. However, they were met with anger. Stark weapons had been used on the city years prior so Iron Man was unwelcome.

Clint was knocked down by an extremely fast boy who kept blocking his shots. Clint aimed after the boy but was shot in the side by one of the weapons.

"Clint!" Nat shouted as she ran over to him.

Steve was suddenly flipped into the air by the same blue blur. "We have an enhanced in the field." Steve radioed the others.

Abi swung out of nowhere and took the boy to the ground. Her eyes widened in realisation as she recognised him. He stared back at her with equal recognition before he got to his feet and ran off. Abi stood and started full on sprinting to the compound.

"Abi?" Steve questioned but she carried on running; only stopping to take out the enemy.

"Clint's hit." Natasha said over the comms. "Somebody want to deal with that bunker?" She asked. The hulk answered by smashing it to bits. "Thank you." Nat replied. Clint was groaning in pain.

"Stark, we really need to get inside." Steve said as he took off after his sister.

"I'm closing in." Tony replied. "Jarvis, am I closing in? Do you see a power source for that shield?"

"There's a particle wave below the north tower." Jarvis responded.

"Great, I want to poke it with something." Tony said as he shot a hole in the rock and sent in a rocket that lowered the shield. "The drawbridge is down, people."

Abi reached the compound and ducked through a door immediately knowing where she was going. Steve followed but was to slow to see where she went. Instead he ran upstairs towards where he though he needed to be. Thor went to help get Clint to the jet and Tony went to find the sceptre. He crashed through a window and everyone immediately started shooting at him.

"Guys, stop. We gotta talk this through." Tony said as their weapons had no effect on the suit. He sighed and released mini charges that took each of the guys to the floor. "It was a good talk."

"No it wasn't." One of the guys on the floor groaned back.

Tony began to explore the rest of the compound.

Abi stopped running as she entered a long corridor that was all too familiar. She looked into the first room and saw the very first cryo-freeze chambers. She went back into the corridor and saw herself getting dragged down it by armed guards. She shook her head to disperse the memory. She walked down to the final room and stood outside and took a deep breath. She pushed the door open with a shaky hand and walked in.

"Baron Strucker. Hydra's number one thug." Steve said as he stood in front of Strucker.

"Technically, I'm thug for SHIELD." Strucker shot back.

"Well then technically you're unemployed." Steve asked. "Where's Loki's sceptre?"

"Don't worry, I know when I'm beat. You'll mention how I cooperated, I hope." Strucker said.

"I'll put it right under illegal human experimentation." Steve replied. "How many are there?"

Steve was suddenly pushed down the stairs by a girl with similar abilities to Abi's. He immediately got to his feet and ran back up. The girl walked backwards and locked herself out of the room.

"We have a second enhanced. Female. Do not engage." Steve said to the team.

"She's the least of your worries, Captain." Strucker said with a smile. "I'd be more worried about your sister." Strucker spat.

Steve flipped his shield and knocked Strucker out. "Abi? Abi? Does anyone have eyes on her?" Steve asked frantically.

Abi glanced around the room and took out her earpiece as Steve said her name. She started shaking as she recognised the dents in the walls around the room. Dents that could only have been made with a metal arm. She looked through the one-way glass into a white washed room with a table in the middle. Memories of being strapped to that table flashed through her mind as she remembered the pain.

She turned from the window and her eyes landed on a set of syringes and serums. She walked over to it and picked up the one she would need. She wiped the rest of them onto the floor the bottles smashing as she did so. She used the syringe to extract the liquid and held it up to the light. She turned on the tracker on her phone and plunged the needle into her arm and pressed down the plunger. She dropped the needle and cried out as the pain engulfed her system as she collapsed to the floor.

"She injected herself." The female enhanced said to the male.

"Hey!" Steve yelled as he followed Abi's tracker and saw them both. The male picked up the female and then ran.

Steve ran down to the room and stepped inside. Abi was unconscious on the floor; the syringe lying next to her. Steve pocketed the syringe and then picked her up and started back to the jet.