The Start of Code Red

The morning was almost unforgiving how it came so fast. The sun brightly shined. The trees barely blocked it's glow. Getting out of bed was a challenge. After what happened last night, I felt like a stone. It was all I could do not to erase it from my mind.

The fact that I actually love Naruto?

It kinda hurts to think about it.

I know it's a fruitless love. He's been in love with Sakura despite her horrible attitude towards him. Nothing will change the way he feels. This tightness in my chest hurts, but it's in pain because of emotion, not physical harm. It makes sense that I like him. He was the one, who unknowingly lit up my world, helped me when there was no one else. Now that he was so close....

How could I not want to have him?

I wiped my eyes, realizing that today I was supposed to meet Kakashi.

I was going to find out my element.

Getting ready was no easy task, but I managed to pull it off. Twenty minutes later, I was outside, ready to knock on Naruto's door. The wind was cold, and I wanted to shiver. I looked down. I took a deep breath, and I shook my discomfort off. I had to act normal. It wasn't fair to Naruto if I avoided him for something that is my fault. I raised my hand to knock.

"WOOSH!" The door opened and Naruto ran out of the door.

One issue: he ran into me.

"OOF!" He cried as he finally landed.

And... His... His...

HIS LIPS WERE ON MINE!!!!

He raised his head and blushed horribly.

"Uh... Get off!" I regained myself, and pushed him off of me roughly. My face was incredibly red. I couldn't look at him in the face.

"oh... uh, sorry, Himitsu. I didn't mean to..." He trailed off. I rubbed my face, and looked at me.

"No, you didn't mean to, so it's okay."

"Uh, shall we um, get going?" He rubbed the back of his head, and we set off.

The walk to Kakashi's hospital room was slow, and it dragged on. We were silent, and I held my arm tight, trying not to say anything stupid. However, when I peered over at Naruto, he... Was just... Okay.

I rolled my eyes, and pouted. I mean, of course that wasn't anything to him, he doesn't even see me as a girl. But... You'd think he'd care a little bit. I mean he stole my first kiss-

"Himitsu... You know I don't want this, but my father..." Kunisaki touched my face softly.

"Nah, Kunisaki, you know that Alice and I appreciate it." I said back.

"But... You know that isn't enough, right? You know I'll convince him you deserve to be by my side." Kunisaki exclaimed with conviction.

"Your conviction... It's one of the best things about you... It's why I love you, Kunisaki." I blushed.

"Himitsu... Y'know, I'd love it if you were my only secret. You are the best thing that ever happened to me." Kunisaki leaned forward and pressed his soft lips on mine. He left it there for I don't know how long, but all it did was increase my giddiness... We stayed there in bliss for a while, and I didn't want to think about the last battle that was before us. I just wanted to focus on Kunisaki, and the electrifying warmth between our lips, and our connected hearts.

"Huh?" I froze.

"Who's... Kunisaki?" I whispered.

"Himitsu? Are you okay?" Naruto looked back.