Chapter Eight - The Fairy Tale

Jeanette looked around her in shock, not knowing what to do. She was standing inside a small room, smaller then her bedroom, that was all made of wood. There was only a small table with a wooden stool on the other side of the room and a small, uncomfortable bed. The last thing she remembered was that she was sleeping in her bed then wakes up to find herself in this room. Not to mention that her cat can talk.

"Hello?" Griffin asked, waving his tail in front of her face, "are you still there? I'm starving here."

"Where am I?" she asked.

"You're in a fairy tale," Griffin answered, "now are you going to feed me?"

Jeanette ignored his question and kept asking, "What do you mean, in a fairy tale?"

Griffin sighed in annoyance, "You grandma said, dream yourself into the fairy tale. Now you have and you are."

"So you're saying that this is just a dream?" she asked again.

"Not a normal dream but a special dream," he replied, "anyways, I don't know most of the details so can you just feed me?"

"So you're dreaming too?"

Yes, I am. Cats can have dreams too you know."

"And you're not at all shocked?"

Griffin paused for a second then answered, "Maybe a bit surprised at first but I remembered what your grandma said. I'm just a cat so I don't have many goals in life except for sleeping and eating. So I decided to listen to your grandma and see if this whole fairy tale dream is true."

"You listen to grandma but not me?" Jeanette exclaimed.

"When was the last time you listened to me?" he countered.

"How was I supposed to know what you're saying then? All you say is meow meow meow," she argued, "I speak human, not cat."

"What exactly is human? Is that a whole new language?"

Jeanette ignored him and walked around the room. She walked towards the wooden door, opened it, and gasped. Instead of seeing the hallway, it led outside the room. She caught the glimpse of people wearing dusty, old clothes, carrying a basket, riding on horses and carts that are full of wood. She slammed the door shut making Griffin jump.

"Relax, it's not like you've seen a ghost."

"If we are in a fairy tale, then there are probably ghosts here too," Jeanette said, starting to panic, "where's the book?"

Griffin pointed his tail towards the table. Jeanette dashed to the table, grabbed the book, and flipped though the pages. She stopped at the first picture she saw. It showed a girl, waking up to find a cat.

"Tell me that's not me," Jeanette whispered.

"Okay Jeanette, I won't tell you that's you," Griffin sighed, the added silently, "even though it is you.'

Jeanette glared at him and read the pages. She noticed that instead of the names being Rosalinda, It was Jeanette.

"Why is my name in here?" Jeanette asked.

"You aren't the only one named Jeanette in the whole world," he replied, "but that is your name. This is your chance to find the answers you were looking for, by being in the fairy tale."

She noticed something else has changed. Instead of the names being Jack, it was someone else's.

Conor groaned as he heard a knock on the door.

"Forgive me your majesty but there is someone here who would like to see you."

At that, Conor sat up abruptly. He noticed that he was laying down on a king size bed. He looked around and saw that he was in a much bigger room with fluffy cushions, beautiful paintings on the walls, and a big double door on the other side of the room.