Chapter Three - Any Ideas?

"You must be Conor, the new student," the science teacher said as Jeanette and Conor walked in the class, "My name is Mr. Valdez."

"Nice to meet you sir," Conor replied politely, shaking his hand.

Jeanette and Conor sat down as Mr. Valdez started writing "POP" on the board.

Popcorn in science class? she wondered, are we having a party?

Then Mr. Valdez wrote another word on the board, "QUIZ".

Wait, a quiz on popcorn? she thought, confused, are we starting a unit on popcorns?

The whole class groaned making Jeanette even more confused.

What's so bad about having a quiz on popcorn? You just have to put the bag in the microwave for 1-2 minutes then you have popcorn.

"First day of school and I get a pop quiz," Conor mumbled worriedly.

That's when Jeanette mentally face palmed.

It was a pop quiz not a popcorn quiz. English class must've damaged my brain from abbreviations.

Mr. Valdez started handing out the quiz papers and Jeanette got to work. She looked over at Conor who was concentrating hard. Minutes later, the bell rang and they handed back their quizzes and walked out the class.

"I got math next," Conor said.

"I don't," Jeanette replied.

"I guess i'll see you at lunch," Conor said and waved as he set of to his next class.

Jeanette nodded and walked the other way, finding herself walking net to Kayla.

"So, who was that?" Kayla asked.

"He's Conor, the new kid," Jeanette answered.

"It seems like you two know each other really well," she commented.

"What? No we don't," she exclaimed, "we just met. He's my partner for the fairy tale project."

"Well, why are you getting so defensive?" Kayla asked.

"I'm not," Jeanette muttered and walked into class without saying another word.

After two more boring hours of sitting down in class, Jeanette headed for the cafeteria. She realized that she was looking forward to meeting Conor again. She quickly got her food and spotted Kayla waving her hand at her. She was sitting on an empty table on the other side of the cafeteria.

"Anyways, I forgot to ask you," Kayla said then went on more loudly, "What was that for?"

"What?" Jeanette asked.

"Back in English class," Kayla reminded her, "you almost got us killed!"

"I was dying of boredom anyways," Jeanette replied.

She saw Ryan making his way over to them and sat down beside Kayla.

"Are you guys working on the project?" Jeanette asked.

"No," Ryan answered, "Kayla forced me to do the project."

Kayla glared at Ryan. Jeanette spotted Conor looking around the cafeteria. Jeanette waved at him and Conor carefully made his way to their table.

"Hey, Conor right?" Kayla asked, "the new kid?"

"That's right," Conor replied.

"Are you two working on the project as well?" Ryan asked.

Jeanette nodded.

"So, do you have any ideas for the fairy tale yet?" Conor asked.

"Hm, how about a girl gets cursed by a witch to sleep forever until someone kisses her,"  Jeanette suggested.

"That's Sleeping Beauty," Conor said.

"Okay then, how about a girl wishes to her fairy grandmother to go to a ball to meet the prince then-"

"That's Cinderella."

Jeanette started getting annoyed.

"How about a girl who has really long hair and is trapped in a tower then-"

"That's Rapunzel."

"Oh I got one! How about a very poor boy eats a chocolate bar and finds a golden ticket to go to a chocolate factory!"

"That's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," Conor said, "and I don't think that's a fairy tale."

"Well then I give up," Jeanette sighed, "Do you have any ideas?"

Conor thought for a moment, "Hm. Fairy tales are basically love stories, so we should make it about love."

"We should add a bit of humor to it too," Jeanette suggested, "so readers will be entertained."

Conor nodded in agreement, "Maybe we could add some adventure to it too. Make it exciting."

"Okay, so our fairy tale is about love and adventure," Jeanette said.

"Now we need a story," Conor replied, "we could make it about a boy and a girl going on an adventure and they fall in love."

"Why don't we do some research in the library?" Jeanette suggested.

"Okay, we'll meet in the library after school," Conor said as the bell rang.

"I got drama class next," Jeanette said.

"Me too, " Conor replied, "maybe we  can learn something for our fairy tale."

"I'm sure we'll learn a lot," Jeanette mumbled.

Please vote and leave a comment on what you guys think. Stay tuned for the next chapter!

Check out Griff-FanFiction1933 and Griffin-Bluestar!