9: Leg Pains

It Started With a Dare || Cake

Chapter Nine: Leg Pains.

Calum POV

Ashton and I have to pull Luke up who groans.

"Where are we going anyway" he mumbles and Ashton stops to think.

"I think you're going to the park" Ashton says and turns to me and I nod.
"Yay?" Luke mumbles, he's in a mumbling mood.

"It'll be fun" I say and Michael groans into his pillow.
"Oh shut up grumpy pants" Ashton laughs.

"Shut up" Michael groans again and Ashton goes and sits on him.
"Yep, sure" Ashton nods and Luke and I burst out laughing.

"Ash, I'm not in the fucking mood," Michael grumbles and we try to force our laughter away, which we can't do.
"When are you in the mood" Ashton laughs.

"Well not fuking today" he sits up forcing Ashton to jump up before he could fall. His eyes are red and puffy.

"Holy shit Mike!" Luke says and runs over to him.
"What happened?" I ask and Michael sniffles.

It's been a full on week and it's only the second day.

"Evie couldn't handle me being away and being with all the girls" he doesn't cry but a horrible sound comes out before Ashton and Luke pull him into a hug.

"When did you find out?" I ask while he holds onto Ashton and Luke.

"Last night" he says and hiccups. I look at Luke and he looks like he has been slapped in the face.

"I'm sorry" Luke whispers to Michael, my breathing jumps, he was apologising for being with me.

He regrets it. I knew it, I should have woken him up and asked him to move when I found him in my bed.

This was all my fault. Wow. I must really look bad in everyone's eyes right now...

"I think I'm going to the arena early" I say, trying to make up something on the spot.

Cake's first date could wait.

"Don't be stupid" Ashton mutters and I'm about to say something back when I realise he's talking to Michael and Luke.

No one even notices me as I leave the room. I was just Calum.

A hundred thousand girls wanted me in their beds, but I could care less right now.

I just wanted one boy, who probably couldn't tell I was sad. Well I couldn't blame him, he has his own troubles.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't gay. I mean like I want him to understand what I was going through. I need Ashton.

I want Ashton to hug me and to understand me.

"Ashton?" I whisper to myself. I always thought it would be Luke always. But lately Luke had been ignoring me or sleeping in my bed and regretting it.

I'm sorry for being mad but we always sleep in the same bed and not once has Luke regretted it.

Not once...

This morning when Ashton told me the first date plan I laughed and a little bit of me wanted to do it.

Now I really don't.

°°° °°° °°°
After a while I find myself walking through a park, the breeze helping clear my thoughts.

I run straight to the swings and sit on them quickly.

I swing for like a minute before a lady walks up to me.

"Excuse me, could you please move so my daughter can go on that swing" she says firmly.
"There is a swing right there" I point next to me and the lady rolls her eyes.

"You're to old to be at this park" she grumbles.
"So what" I reply and her face starts to heat up.
"Just leave so my kids don't see you"

I cough before a girl about 15 runs over looking out of breath.

"Mum," she begins before she sees me. "Calum!" She gasps and her mum crosses her arms.
"You know this boy?"

"Everyone knows this boy he's in a band!" She seems to be holding in her screaming.
"I'm leaving now" I say and the girl grabs onto me.
"Can I have a picture please"

"Next time tell your mum not to be so rude and have the stupid swing" I say and the lady huffs and looks away as I walk away.

The girl stares at me open mouthed and I smirk a little before sprinting off out of the park.

Once I'm far enough away I pull out my phone to check my messages. Only one:

Zayn <33 US:
Where are you? Mister >:(
Ashton texted me saying you went to the Arena early! Where are you :(
Text me!

I smile at the message and unlock my phone to answer the message.

Me:
I don't know :P
I got lost and found a park

It's not lying. I did get 'lost' and went to a park. But I'm not Lost.

In fact I'm walking to the Arena right now. Alone.

°°° °°° °°°
Before I make it to the arena someone runs up behind me and tackles me to the ground.

I'm about to sprint thinking it's a crazy fan when I turn around to see Niall on top of me, so it is a crazy fan.

"Hey lad," he says while he helps me up, "I was scared it wasn't you."

"Niall, shout next time you want to tackle me in the middle of the street" I laugh and he hugs me.
"Next time."

We start walking again, he runs ahead and I follow him laughing.

We arrive at the Arena out of breath and he stops suddenly making me bump into him.

"Ouch" he mumbles and I laugh.
"Let's not do that again" I reply and we go round the back so the fans won't notice us.

We run into the building and Niall stops behind me and I don't realise until he jumps onto my back.

"Just keep going" he whispers and I yell in pain as we run awkwardly through the hallways and we just reach the stage, when I collapse and we both fall together and form a tangled shape on the floor.

We don't move for a while, I breath heavily and he laughs at random things.

"Dudes?" I hear Louis yell and we burst out laughing. Niall tries to move his leg and I squeal... In a manly way. He pulled my leg too, in the wrong direction.

It hurts so bad, so bad I could feel the water works start in my eyes.

"Louis!" Niall yells but doesn't try to move anymore. It seems we tangled our selves more without noticing.

Louis runs over, and crosses his arms over his chest.
"What do we have here?" He cocks an eyebrow and a grin spreads over his face, "Luke ain't gonna be happy with you, Cal."

I groan and Louis looks at our legs.

"Are your legs supposed to be like that?" He asks, I choke back a sob while Niall shakes his head.

The pain really hurt, that's the thing about pain it demands to be felt.

"Help" I say, that's when more people walk through the hallway.
"Guys!" Louis yells, "I think these guys are a bit tangled up."

The footsteps get closer and I see it's Liam, Zayn and Harry.

"Blimey" Harry laughs, he's the only one to say blimey... Ever.

Liam quickly steps forward and kneels down next to me.
"I'm going to move your legs now, it's probably bruised nothing more" he says calmly and I nod.

The pain is slowly leaving but I know once he moves my leg it's going to start again.

"Hurry up" Niall says, he doesn't seem to be in pain.

Liam nods and smiles at us. Louis rolls his eyes, but watches at Liam slowly moves our legs apart.

"Fuk!" I shout, Liam stops quickly causing more pain.
"Keep going" Niall says.

He does and ignores me as I cuss at the pain.

Niall stands up and rolls his ankles a bit and I sit up, the pain was leaving again, slower this time.

"Thanks guys" he laughs and pats Liam on the back. I smile at them, through the pain.

I look down my leg, everything looks fine.

"Okay thanks" I say and Harry holds his hand out for me.
"Come on crippled" he laughs when I stand.
"What even happened?" Zayn asks as I lean onto Harry.

"I was on Calum's back," Niall begins and everyone nods, "we kind of collapsed here."
"You probably landed on your ankle" Liam says to me and I nod.

We try walking and I have to stop every few millimetres.

"Bloody hell, Cripple I'm carrying you" Harry sighs before I can protest he carries me in bridal style.
"Put me down Harry" I groan as we start walking.

"Luke's going to be very jealous" Louis laughs, "first with you and Niall and now you and Harry."

Everyone laughs, I even manage to smile. Luke will be hardly jealous, we're just best friends dared to be more.

"What happened?" Speak of the devil.

°°° °°° °°°
A/N:

What even? I can't process this chapter. Do I like it or don't I?

OMG you guys got the goal ages ago so I'm sorry for taking so long.

Sorry for the errors :3 I wrote this on my phone :))

Goal for next chapter:
20 votes (Can we do it?)
And
10 comments :)?
(Comments make me happy)

Love you guys!!

-Catx