chapter 8

Chapter 8

Once we reached the car the boys started bursting out laughing, including Liam.

“You should have seen her face!” Louis said between laughs. I just smiled innocently at them. We soon pulled up into the driveway and made our way inside, Niall taking my hand, probably to make sure I don’t run away. Once inside, I crashed on the couch and turned the TV on, when an interesting channel came on.

“One Direction seen with mystery girl. The boys of the popular boy band One Direction were seen out at Nandos tonight, the question is who is this mystery girl? Stay tuned for more,” I stared blankly at the TV screen until I heard one of the boys' phone go off. I’m assuming its Liam’s because I heard him answer the phone.

“Hey Simon. Have I seen the news lately? No, why? Oh, who is she? Just a friend we ran into, interview tomorrow, uh ya ok. Bye,” by now Liam had everyone’s attention.

“Well...” Zayn said, waiting for Liam to explain the phone conversation.

“Well that was Simon and apparently the paparazzi got photos of us out tonight at Nandos. Twitter is buzzing about the ‘mystery girl’ so he set up an interview for tomorrow to clear this whole thing up,” he explained. The boys nodded in reply."

“But wait, what if people realize who Jealyn is?” Niall questioned.

“Not if we disguise her. Plus, they haven't figured it out yet,” Liam explained.

                                                                             ….

Tomorrow came faster than expected. I’m currently sitting in a car on my way to the interview. I’m so nervous! What if I mess up? What if I embarrass myself on national television?

“You’ll do fine love,” Louis said, reassuring me. I gave him a small smile in return. We finally pulled up to a studio and I could feel my nerves build up.

“Remember, your name is Hannah Smith. You’re 18 years old and you’re a friend of Harry’s," Liam explained, going over the plan. I sighed before nodding my head and we got out of the car. As soon as we stepped out I could hear the screaming. I could feel butterflies form in my stomach. Harry grabbed my hand and started leading me towards the building. Once there, we were whisked away by what I assumed to be producers. A girl with blonde hair walked into the room.

“Hi sweetheart, my names Lou and I will be doing your hair and makeup,” she explained. I nodded my head and let her do her thing. About ten minutes later she finally finished.

“Here go put this on,” she said handing me an outfit. The outfit is a cream colored dress, the top part being lace, a gold heart necklace and some gold heels. I quickly put the outfit on and walked back over to Lou. 

“You look stunning,” she gushed, causing me to blush.

“Thanks,” I said lightly. I heard a knock and the door opened the reveal a producer. 

“Five minutes until showtime,” he informed me. I could feel more butterflies form in my stomach and before I knew it I’m being whisked away towards the stage.

“Wait here until your called on," the producer guy informed me and I nodded my head. 

“So I hear you recently ended a tour? How does it feel to be back in London?” a girl in her mid-thirties asked.

“Ya, we did recently end a tour and it feels good to be home after being away for so long,” Liam answered.

“Yesterday you were seen with a girl. A question everyone has been dying to know is who is the mystery girl?” she asked.

“Ah, she’s a friend of mine we ran into,” Harry answered.

“I hear you brought her today. Why don’t we invite her out to join us?”

“That’s your cue,” one of the stage managers told me before I’m shoved in front of the cameras. I could feel my heart rate pick up as I slowly walk onto the stage. I sat down on the couch beside Harry and he shot me a small smile.

“And who would this be?” she asked.

“This is my friend Hannah Smith,” Harry answered.

“What’s it like being friends with the Harry Styles?” she asked.

“He’s really sweet and charming, any girl would be lucky to have a friend like him,” I answered, giving a small smile at the end. She nodded.

“Is there any romance between you and any of the boys?” she questioned, causing me to choke on my own spit.

“No, no romance. We're all just friends,” I managed to choke out. She nodded slowly as if she didn’t believe me.

“Well I’m afraid that’s all the time we have. Thanks for joining us,” she concluded as she smiled and waved until the camera dude yelled cut. As soon as I heard cut I took no time jumping up and making my way off stage, not wanting to be on there any longer. I felt a hand grab my wrist, lightly causing me to spin around.

“You did great,” Harry exclaimed.

“Thanks,” I smiled back.

“I’m just glad its over,” I said truthfully, which caused him to let out a small laugh.

“Oh come on, it couldn’t have been that bad!” he exclaimed.

“Oh, but it was my dear,” he just shook his head before walking away.