Chapter 11 - The Flurry of Feelings

Chapter 11 The Flurry of Feelings

Senri’s P.O.V

“Shiki... what is all this about?” Rima questioned. I ran a hand through my hair. She looked really angry and I was expecting that – even so it wasn’t nice for me.

“Just a coincidence, I suppose.”

She folded her arms and frowned. To my surprise, she started crying. “That was so mean to Tsubaki... she saw her crush do stuff with her friend – you’re the worst, Shiki!”

And just like that, she was out of the room, most likely following Tsubaki.

Well, this was no longer my problem.

Takeru’s P.O.V

I heard a cry and immediately put my coat on. Great, this was the moment I had been staying up for. It was now two-fourteen and I could also hear footsteps pounding down the stairs. It had to be Tsubaki! I hurried out of the room and bumped into Rima on the way.

“Sorry,” I apologised. She was in tears but also seemed to be after Tsubaki. She could be anywhere... Oh, why did she have to fall in love with such a complex person?

“Are you looking for Tsubaki?” I asked. She nodded, wiping the fresh tears from her soft white cheeks. She asked me the same and I said yes. “Why don’t we look for her together, then?”

She agreed and we left the hotel in a rush. My eyes were being kept open by anxiety. The last thing I hoped Tsubaki would do was do something stupid. Something like jumping from a high place.

Ten minutes passed and there was no luck. I met Rima at one of the town monuments. “I think we should search on higher ground. Look, that bridge. It’s quite high, are you coming?” Even though it was a road, there were no cars so we made it up there quite easily. From there, we could see loads of places. Obviously not any back alleys but there was a great 360 degree view. My eyes surveyed the area for a girl in a dressing gown with long mahogany coloured hair. I grunted and stamped my foot when I saw nothing. I actually almost felt like crying, like Rima. She was in a furry coat, leaning on the rail. I walked over to her.

“So what actually happened? Could you explain?”

She scratched her head. “I don’t really know myself... but Shiki came into my room and started being romantic. I can’t believe I’m saying this to a teacher, but I never expected him to have those kinds of feelings for me. I felt them in the shoot we did before coming. It scared me... I didn’t like it at all. Then his ghost friend Biele appeared when someone knocked on the door, and said it was ‘Tsubaki’.”

“And what did you feel when he said that?”

“Well...” she started, “I felt really nervous and worried. I thought it was a joke – but then Shiki opened the door and Tsubaki’s face was morbid. She looked like she’d seen a murder right in front of her. I immediately wanted to console her – now she probably resents me for sleeping with Shiki.”

I nodded. “Thanks for opening up to me. How did Tsubaki even come to crush on Senri?”

“No idea. She was so secretive around us and I never really saw her true feelings.”

“So that’s how it is...”

We stood in a somewhat comfortable silence, still searching the roads and parks for some sign of Tsubaki.

And then I saw it.

She was standing on a footbridge – on the wrong side as well – probably ready to jump in.

“TSUBAKI!!!”

*

Senri’s P.O.V

“Rihito! Wait!” I call. He laughs and continues to run. “Wait!”