My Quarterback - 3

My Quarterback - 3   

Ellie Nichols  

Ever since I walked through the door Dakota and Mar had been pestering me with question after question about what had happened at football practice, but I didn't tell them anything. I had retreated to my room, and was left to my thoughts. How could he just not talk to me for two years and then act like nothing was wrong. I was furious, but most importantly I wanted to know why he just stopped answering my calls.   

I hear the faint sound of someone opening and shutting the door, and then the thudding of shoes on the carpter coming towards my room. I kept my back towards the door and opened my laptop my laptop before scrolling through my Facebook page. The door to my room opened but I didn't bother looking to see who had come into my room. I could feel their gaze on my back but I wasn't in the mood to talk especially because it most likely Dakota or Mar wanting to know what happened today, but I didn't want to talk to them. If I told them one thing, I would have to explain everything to them, all the way back to high school and I wasn't in the mood to relive my life at the moment.

"Ellie?" The familiar husky voice brought me out of my thoughts. I turned to look at the boy who was my best friend, who I spent many days with, and who I knew like the back of my hand. The same boy who had went away for college and then stopped answering my phone calls without even a reason, without even saying bye. I just continued to stare at him, he looked just about the same. His hair was a little longer and he was buffer than he was in high school, but I expected that. He seemed older. "Please say something." He said, his voice quiet.

I turned away from him and heard the sound of my door shut, but then there was a dip in my bed and I knew that he didn't leave like I had wanted him to, instead he had stayed. I wanted to roll over and tell him exactly what I had been practicing to myself over all this time. I would tell him exactly how he hurt me, how I didn't want anything to do with him but that was a lie. I just wanted my best friend back, but I didn't know if he was still the same boy who left for college those two years ago.

"You know I hate when you give the silent treatment. I would rather you yell at me and tell me exactly what I did wrong. Please just say something."   

"You want me to yell at you and tell you what you did wrong?" I asked him in a quiet voice. He opened his mouth to talk but I didn't give him the chance to. I didn't want to hear any rehearsed excuse he would give me, I didn't want his lies. "You should know exactly what you did wrong. I shouldn't have to spell it out for you."   

"Ellie, I know that I am the biggest jerk in the whole world. I know that I broke my promise, and that you're upset with me. But please give me a chance to explain myself."   

"I don't want to hear all the lies that are going to pour out of your mouth Colton. I am not in the mood right now for this, so please just see yourself out."

"Please Ellie, you know I would have called if I could but I couldn't. Please just listen." 

"I don't want to listen to you right now Colt, you really hurt me this time. I called you hundreds of times, left plenty of voicemails and text messages, and not even one text message or one call saying you didn't want to be friends anymore, that you didn't have time to talk to me. I wouldn't have liked it but I would of understand. Instead you leave me in the dark and don't even say goodbye."

"I am so sorry Ellie and when you're less mad I will explain to you exactly what happened. But right now I think you should just take a nap." It was then that I realized just how tired I was and Colton was right. I was still mad at him, but I didn't want to be. I wanted to know why he really stopped talking to me but I was afraid of the answer, so instead I turned away from him and brought the covers up to my shoulders.