My Quarterback - 21

So I really have no excuse as to why this hasn't been uploaded quicker. I'm just really sad to see this ending. It's my first completed story since LWTBB/SWTBB. And since everyone liked those two stories, it was kind of hard to branch off into something else. Because all everyone wanted was another installment with the blake brothers.

But I'm glad that those of you who stuck around with me throughout this whole story did. Y'all are amazing and this story is definitely turning out more popular than I thought it was going to be. Considering LWTBB didn't really get this popular until about six months after I uploaded the first couple chapters. But this story took off from the get go and that's amazing.

I am sad to see this story over because I won't be doing a sequel to this. I believe that this story is well enough on it's own. I don't think it needs another story. And I hope y'all respect that.

Oh and please read the author's note at the bottom of the chapter<3

So without further a due, here is the last chapter to My Quarterback.

My Quarterback - 21

Ellie Nichols

Today was the day. Colton was going to find out whether or not he will be returning for the next season of football. To say he was nervous was an understatement. On the drive to the doctors his hand didn't leave mine, and the closer we got the tighter his hold became. But I didn't say anything, and I let him squeeze my hand as a way to get the nerves out.

"It's going to be okay," I told him as we sat in the waiting room. His knee kept jumping up and down and his focus seemed to be on everything but what I was saying to him.

"Will you go into the room with me?"

"Of course."

Shortly after Colton's name was called and his grip on my hand tightened once again. The room we entered was a typical patient's room. It smelled of disinfectant and the paper crinkled when Colton went to sit on the bed. The nurse had left us alone as we waited for the doctor who would tel us Colton's fate.

"What's going to happen if I can't play football anymore?" Colton asked, lying down on the bed and folding his arms behind his head.

"Then you'll find something else to do. You have other things going for you."

"Oh yeah, like what?"

"You're really good in math." I told him.

"Yeah, but I don't want to be a math major. All they do is sit in a cubicle all day and add and subtract numbers. Or they are stuck teaching stuck up teenagers algebra 1. Either way I'm going to be miserable."

"You're talented Colt. You're a football player and what do players do when they can't play anymore. They coach. Go be a football coach. You can start with high school and work your way up. You'll still be around the sport you love and you aren't stuck in a damn cubicle."

"I love you Ellie. You always know what to say."

"I love you too." I pecked his lips just as the doctor came him. He chuckled at us and smiled at Colton. That seemed like a good sign.

"Young love, I remember those days."

The room got quiet as the doctor went through the folder he placed on the counter. There were a few x-rays in it, and a few papers along with them. He went through them, taking his time.