My Quarterback - Prologue

Please do not advertise your own stories in the comments, please do not be rude in the comments, they will all be deleted. Everything in this story is mine, if it is like any other story on here it is purely coincidental. Everything except all pictures or videos posted on the chapters are mine. If you would ever like to make me a cover, please just private message once it is done and I will give you my email so I can receive it.

Dedicated to dane_briers for their help with coming up with the cast of this story! Thank you so much!

PLEASE keep in mind while reading that this story is 100 percent fiction. The only thing that is real in this story is the university, everything else comes from my imagination and is there because that is how I wanted it. I'm sorry if that doesn't meet your standards and if it doesn't please find a story that does. I will not tolerate hateful comments, they are not appreciated and will be deleted.

****

My Quarterback - Prologue

Ellie Nichols

I was sat on the couch in my counselor's office as I watched the football game that was playing on the television. I smiled widely as Colton Davis caught the snap and proceeded to throw it down the field and into the awaiting arms of Nick Harris, the receiver, for a fifty-two yard touchdown pass. They had just won the game.

I have never missed one of Colton's games. I was always cheering him on from the sidelines, all throughout middle school and high school, usually sporting his jersey which he always let me wear. We were the best friends who never seemed to want to be apart. And Nick Harris always seemed to be the third wheel but he didn't seem to mind.

"You're torturing yourself Ellie." My counselor, Miss Stewart, told me as she entered her office and turned off the television. Miss Stewart placed a large envelope onto the table and folded her hands before placing them on top of it.

"I'm just cheering for my . . . friend." I told her, turning in the chair so I could face her. It was written clearly on her face that she didn't believe me, but I knew she wouldn't.

"You should just give him a call Ellie, I'm sure he would love to hear from you." She told me. Miss Stewart had taken me under her wing as soon as I came to this school. She was a sweet older lady and reminded me a lot of my grandma who had passed away just a few years ago. They had the same twinkle in their eyes when they tried to meddle in your life and they had the same personality. They were both happier older ladies who never seemed to be in a bad mood and they both liked helping others. And I was glad that I had met her that first day I walked into campus, I had no idea where I was going or what I was doing and she helped me out, and from that day on she became like my second grandmother.

"If he wanted to hear from me that bad, he wouldn't have stopped calling me two years ago." I retorted, slumping back into the chair and crossing my arms over my chest. My eyes flickered to the television behind me where their team was now on defense. "If he still wanted to be friends, we would be friends."

"Fine." She gave up on that topic, smiling now she said "I have a surprise for you." Her eyes carried that familiar twinkle and I didn't know whether to be happy or nervous as to what she did this time. Last time she told me she had a surprise for me she had set me up on a date with her grandson, a handsome fellow who had a love for photography and was always taking pictures. It was cute at first, his love for this passion of his, but when every conversation revolves around the latest picture he took it would get annoying. He didn't bother getting to know me at all, so I kindly declined his next attempt at a date and told him it wasn't working for me. And I never accepted another blind date from Miss Stewart again.

"What is it?" I asked her skeptically.

My eyes narrowed as I watched her moved around the room. She fiddled through the papers sat on her desk, looking for something. When she found it a big smile took over her face and she slid the envelope towards me. "Just open it Ellie." She ordered with a smile. "I promise it's a good surprise."

I gave her one last look before opening the envelope. When it was opened I hesistantly pulled out the contents from inside and let my jaw drop. I quickly read through the first part of the letter and then looked up towards Miss Stewart. "How is this possible?" I asked her, "I never applied to UCF."

"Ellie, you deserve something much better than this school. You can do so much better than here. I know how much you want to be an athletic trainer, so I pulled a few strings and sent in your application and at the start of the semester you'll officially be a student of the University of Central Florida."

"You did this for me?" I asked her in a quiet voice, my eyes flickering over to her and then back to the contents of the letter. Even though the letter was sitting right in front of my on the table I still couldn't believe this was happening. I had prayed that I would get out of here, to a better school, somewhere I could finally be what I wanted to be, and it was actually happening.

"I know how much this means to you, and I happen to be good friends with the man in charge of the athletic program. He's gotten you a spot to work with one of the sports teams there as a personal athletic trainer. Trust me it's the chance of a lifetime." She said to me with a smile. "As soon as you get there you'll have a chance to pick what sports team and you better choose the football team, or so help me Ellie I will come up there and tell that Colton boy how much you like him."

"I don't know what to say." I told her, a blush taking over my cheeks.

"Tell me you'll take the opportunity."

I was going to do it. I was finally going to go to a real university. I was going to become the athletic trainer I had always wanted to become. I was going to leave home and go away for the next two years. "I'll do it." I tell her, standing up and giving her a hug which she returned. "Thank you so much, Miss Stewart. I'll really miss you."

"I'll miss you too darling." She told me.

I was going to be a student at the University of Central Florida. I was going to be working with a sports team as an athletic trainer. I was going to be in the same campus as Colton Davis, and that alone had me nervous. Would he be the same boy he was in high school, or did he change? I guess there was only one way to find out.

University of Central Florida here I come.

*****

Edited.

Rewritten.

I hope y'all liked it.

Comment/Vote/Follow me!!