Nine

I had to help Hatori with the bullet fragments. A lot of blood came out and I was scared she was going to die. Really scared. We almost lost her, but we pulled her back. Everyone came back later and Kuri was with them. I wanted to kill him, but I had to make sure Kata would live first. I'll kick his butt later. I did everything exactly like Hatori said. It took a while, but we got her stable.

I stayed by her side while Hatori went and told everyone about her condition. I heard people saying that they wanted to come up, but Hatori kept them out. I was really happy that he kept them out. I watched her, but I slowly dosed off. I fell asleep.

Kata's POV

I woke up and felt something against me. Rafe was curled up against my neck, but the other thing I didn't know about. I opened my eyes, but the sunlight burned so much I had to shut them again. 

Slowly, I cracked them open. I looked down and saw Kyo clinging to my hand and his head next to my stomach. He was fast asleep.

I leaned up and knocked Rafe off the pillow. He woke up and stretched. He licked my hand before curling up on my lap. I guess he's still sleepy. I looked down at Kyo. I leaned down and pressed my lips against his. 

"Thank you." I whispered before I pulled completely away. Kyo woke up. My face burned. "O-Oh, sorry. I thought y-you were still asleep." I stuttered.

"I was, but then I felt something and woke up." he stretched.

"Oh, sorry. I woke you up." I said. I looked away. He laughed. I glared at him, but that made him laugh harder.

"It's funny. Your the one that's flustered now." He smiled. I looked away, but he grabbed my face. "Oh, no, you're not going anywhere now that I finally got you." He pressed his lips against mine. Happiness flooded me. I kissed back.  

Ok, that's the end of it. Thanks for reading. I thought it was a really cute story that written a while ago, so I really wanted to publish it. I know the chapters are short, but I didn't want to change it too much. 

And I just noticed that Kata got shot a lot and almost died within the same day. That must have sucked for her.