Four

Kyo's POV

Kata didn't come for a while. We watched for her everyday for an entire week, but she never came. A student raised their hand. "Teacher, where is Kata?" she asked.

"Oh, I got a call from her parents that she's been injured and she won't be here for a while." he said.

"What happened?" a boy yelled out.

"I don't know. She has a massive cut on her leg, but that's all I've been told." the teacher explained. After that we started class. A few students talked about going to her house and wish her well, but no one knew where she lived. 

We went home and told Shigure what happened.

Kata's POV

I was sitting on the bank, washing my cut out. My pack followed me to the bank. I got cut during the landslide and saving a pup. The pup won't leave me alone after saving his life. He has been licking my wound and jumping on my lap for the past few days. He feels sorry for what happened. I don't blame him at all. I blame myself more then I blame him. 

Not only that, but the pack has been sticking even closer to me than normal. I probably earned their respect because I saved the young pup and they accepted me as one of their own.

"It's ok." I said to the pup as he sat next to me. I petted the young pups head. I named him Rafe. In old English, it means "wise wolf", or so I read in the books from the library. Rafe climbed onto my lap.

He whimpered in my chest. I put him down and re-bandaged my leg. I broke into a house and stole some medical stuff to help with the cuts. It's probably not a good idea to get my leg infected especially since I have no medical insurance. 

The house I broke into was just outside the forest. When I got up and the wolves followed. We walked for a while. Rafe was small so he had some trouble, but didn't want help overcoming anything. I laughed as his head popped up from behind a fallen tree branch. I grabbed him by his fur and cuddled him. We kept walking to find food.