Blue With White Stars-- Fifteen

* * *

Next day

* * *

Ever since the night of America's birthday, a bright white sparkle always seemed to appear in the blue of the Americans eyes. It shines for a moment and after a few blinks, it disappears like a shooting star in the sky.

Russia finds it strange that the sparkle only decided to show itself on the night of America's birthday, why didn't it appear before?

------------

Russia opens the first aid kit next to him and pulls out a large bandage with disinfectant wipes. He turns his focus to the Americans hand and opens a packet of the disinfectant cloths.

The cut was deeper than the first one America got and it bled more every minute of the clock.

"Please be careful next time when your picking up glass, you really did a number on your poor hand." Russia says while lightly placing the wipe on the cut, immediately receiving a yelp from the American.

"Sorry, I forgot to give you a warning before I did this." The Russian apologizes while softly rubbing the disinfectant against the deep cut on America's skin.

He puts the wipe to the side and grabs the bandage, taking off the back cover and placing the sticky side to the cut. America flinches from the sudden pain and Russia presses down on the bandage to reassure that it won't come off.

Russia grabs another disinfectant wipe and opens it, firmly pressing the cloth against the other cut on America's pointer finger. Already resistant to the pain, America rests his head on his other hand and watches as Russia cleans up the few blood tears on the small cut.

America sighs in boredom and stares at the Russian across the table, admiring how big the nations heart really is. He smiles at thought of how Ukraine and Russia share the motherly personality.

"You seem to be in a good mood, America." Russia implies from America's smiley expression, earning a chuckle from the American.

He applies a small drop of lotion to the cut and finishes off his work by attaching a smaller bandage around the finger.

"Thanks dude, I appreciate it." America smiles as he moves his hand around a little.

Russia nods his head and throws away the used items, placing the first aid kit in the drawer of the kitchen counter.

"Since we're done with that, can we go now?" The American pouts like a child, pleasing to leave the house already.

With Moscow on a business trip, things have been extremely boring in the house and because America is energetic, he always bothers Russia to leave the house and go somewhere new.

"We'll go, it's England we're waiting for." Russia frowns, not very fond of the increased water bills lately.

Not to mention the large number of iced tea purchases recently.

"Oh, him again." The American sighs, knowing how the Russian feels about England's daily routine.

"If I were you two, I'd really stop talking!" England shouts from the bottom of the stairs. "Whatever dude, are you ready or not?" America questions while standing up from his chair.

The Brit rolls his eyes, "I would be sleeping if I wasn't ready to go."

"Ok... Sheesh, let's just go, I'm tired of being cooped up in a house all day." The American skips out the front door and England grumbles while walking beside America.

Russia closes the door and follows them, slowly getting left behind every time he tried catching up with the two.

---------

"Can we play chess, please!" America begged Russia as he gripped onto his coat with big sapphire blue puppy eyes.

"Da . . ." The Russian reluctantly agreed, taking his seat and picking white.

"Heck yeah! Let's do this Russian dude!" The American exclaimed, sitting down and waiting for the game to start.

England chuckled and sat on the side, placing his bet for Russia to loose the game.

The game started and America made a move first, soon followed by Russia. The American ponders for moment, thinking a little too much on his next move to get closer to his win.

A moment of silence goes by and America makes his second move on the left of the board.

Russia sighs and inspects the board, slowly remembering the skills and secrets that Ukraine taught him when he was young and playing against Estonia.

He finishes his move and England begins to bite on his nails nervously, finding out the hard way that Russia is smarter at chess than he looks.

A few more turns later, Russia takes out America's queen and puts it to the side, smiling brightly at the menacing England that's slowly breaking a pencil in half.

America moves, Russia moves, America moves, the endless cycle went on. America, in the end, ended up taking out 5 of Russia's pieces while he took out all of America's pieces.

"Oh man, I should've practiced more before playing with a master like you, Russia." The American complements, making England frown deeply at the Russian.

"We're not done yet, I'll challenge him." The Brit switches seats with America and rearranges the pieces for a new game.

"And . . . Begin!" America cheers, jumping violently in his seat while watching England take his turn.

He moves a piece and a smirk appears on his face.

Russia, who's being provoked by the Brits death stare, cautiously moves a piece. England finishes his turn and crosses his arms, leaning against the back of his chair.

Just like America, Russia takes out a few of England's pieces, making the Brit loose his faith slowly.

England takes down 14 of Russia's pieces and smiles manically at Russia.

Russia prays for the best and risks his queen, surprisingly taking out one of the last strong pieces of England.

With a gasp, England quickly puts up a debate on what price to move. He gulps and finishes his last turn, immediately loosing his king to Russia.

"Oh my god! Russia is the master!" America shouts.

"I'm going to get a score board, I'll be right back." America exclaims as he quickly walks away to find one.

Russia and England stare at each other, thinking of the different ways they could strangle one another. For once, the Russian nation actually decided to play along with England's bad attitude.

"Good game, Britain." Russia says, trying to at least be a good sport. England smirks and holds up a certain finger that's considered the middle and shouldn't be held up alone.

Russia frowns and does the same, making it obvious that he will never play the victim to the British nation.

* * *