Hetero: The ninth straw.

I couldn't scream. And even if I did, nobody would hear me. Nobody would care. Because I was a heterosexual, and so I was irrelevant.

I didn't matter, and I had nothing left that mattered to me.

My parents' trust in me had gone. My parents' themselves had gone. My hope had gone. My happiness had gone.

Axel had gone.

I was finally alone, and I couldn't bare the idea of staying this way. Who killed Axel? And why? Why were they in my house? Why would they kill someone I had only just begun to date?

Why write that word in his blood, as though it was branding me?

I might be a heterosexual, but that did not make me a different person. What was so bad about being attracted to the opposite sex? It wasn't a crime, only considered one. But why? Why was it considered a crime? Why was it so looked down upon? Sexuality, it seemed, was all that anybody cared about.

It was pathetic.

Maybe generations before us had been heterosexuals, and nobody had cared. It might have been the normal thing back then. Just like how in the poorer countries, in order to keep race, religion and heritage alive, the people live life as heterosexuals to pass on their stories and way of life. All because they had no donation system.

The donation system, it seemed, was a big ploy to brainwash the entire country. By making something large, you give off the impression that it is important. An idea is repeated so many times people begin to acknowledge it, and once that happens more people join the cause until there are few left that aren't involved.

What I could not understand, was why heterosexuals were viewed so negatively. And what had caused those views to arise and spread over an entire population.

Sirens of a police car were the only thing that had begun to draw me out of my daze. But even then, I remained frozen in thought and fear. I glanced timidly at Axel's body once more.

What if I was next?