Hetero: The second straw.

"-we give our condolences to the family of this heterosexual couple, and hope that there will not be another incident like-" I switched the television off, halfway through the report. That was the second case in the same month.

Two murders.

Two heterophobic murderers.

Two heterosexual deaths.

Two heterosexual murder cases closed with 'it was only an accident', or 'they brought it on themselves'.

Two times my mothers had appeared gleeful to the news of deaths.

Two families for each couple that couldn't decide whether it was a relief or a tragedy.

Two less people in this world.

All for one reason; a certain sexuality.

"It doesn't matter," Isla had said. "One less terrible influence isn't a bad thing."

"Murder isn't a good thing," I replied with scrunched brows, trying to decipher an actual excuse that justified a murder. Nothing. I came up with nothing.

"Murder for a good cause doesn't make it bad." Janet had piped in from the kitchen. Normally, she would rarely give any input into these conversations we had. But, it was obvious that my interest in heterosexuals was getting on her nerves. I couldn't help it. I just didn't understand why they were treated differently.

"They're people too!" I argued back.

"Alicia!" Isla scolded. "They are nothing like ordinary people. They are the scum on your shoe. They don't have a place in this society. You should know that by now. Hasn't school been helping at all?"

"Yes, but-"

"No. No more talking. Go to your room, Alicia." Janet intervened. "You need to learn that they aren't actual people. They might have been once, but lust has changed them."

"-and not for the better." Isla piped in.

They never really did want to listen.