Hetero: The third straw.

My first day at high school was memorable; two students from the year above were expelled for 'indecent heterosexual PDA'. The school had completely ignored the other couples and had gone for the ones that didn't abide by the ways of society.

I remembered the cheers in the hallway as they were sent out. Their lives would never be the same again. I just didn't know why it was happening. Why they were so different than everyone else.

That day was one of the first days that I had seen that how the adults' behaviour had impacted the children. Because, in truth, nobody is born to be prejudice, heterophobic or to discriminate. Things like that are brought up in the society you live. But, sometimes, just sometimes, their hating words have no effect, and you find yourself 'disobeying' the rules of society.

Families, friends and everyone you once had known, suddenly begin to hate you; treat you differently; try to change you. All in a flash, it was like your character had meant nothing anymore. It was like people had forgotten the real you.

I know.

It happened to me once.

It all began the day I met Axel.

This was a society, in which, character was nothing and sexuality was everything.