Chapter 17: Aaron? (1)

Jack's POV:
I was walking to class with Mark. We were talking about random things and laughing. Eventually, we got to class and took our seats. After the bell rang, Mark and I texted each other during class. We just talked about our teacher the whole time.
J- Mr. Baldwin looks like a potato
M- He could be the king of potatoes
Mark and I chuckled softly.
J- He could also be the king of squirrels with those teeth.
M- He looks like a horse
J- maybe we should feed him apples
Then we laughed a little too loud.
"Quiet!" Said Mr. Baldwin.
Mark and I were silent for the entire class period.
~time skip~
It was finally after school and we were walking to Mark's house. When we got there, his house smelt like alcohol.
"Mom, since when do you drink?" Mark asked.
"Whyyy do you caarrrree?" She slurred.
"Mom, what happened to you?"
She giggled.
"I may or may not have lost my job *hiccups* and now I cant fiiiind another one."
"Jack, could you give us a minute?" Mark asked.
"Of course. I'll just go upstairs."
"Ok. See you in a bit."
I went upstairs and knocked on Tom's door.
"Come in."
I opened the door to see him laying on his bed on his laptop.
"Oh, hey Jack. What brings you here."
"Mark wanted to be alone with your mom so I left and came up here."
"Oh yeah. Sorry you had to see our mom like that."
"Its fine. Anyways, what have you been up to?"
"I'm trying to find a job. Our mom keeps spending money on alcohol and ever since she got fired, we haven't been getting any money. I've been thinking about working at that restaurant that our family went to one time. I heard it pays $30 an hour."
"Wow. What did your mom do to get fired?"
"They fired her because she's been missing work. They found out why
when she came into work drunk. That's when we found out she was drinking when we weren't home."
"Oh."
Tom and I just talked about a lot of things. Then I heard yelling and a door slam. I told Tom goodbye and ran downstairs. I just left the house and ran after Mark.
"Mark, wait up!" I yelled.
I guess he didn't hear me because he didn't turn around. Just when I was about to tell again, I felt a hand cover my mouth and something sharp in my neck. Before my vision went blurry, I saw the one person I thought I would NEVER see again.
"A-Aaron?"
Then everything went black.
------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the cliffhanger! I promise things will get better in the next chapter! I decided to make Mark's mom drink because why not. I also decided to add Aaron in the story bc he's not in many chapters. Anyways, don't forget to HIT that vote button in the face if you enjoyed this chapter and feel free to leave comments down below!

I love you guys sooo much and I will see you in the next chapter!

BYEEEE! :P