Chapter 30 - Was a princess, now a villain

It's been long and I'm not a responsible writer and I feel really bad, but I haven't had time, but really, I don't have any excuses. I apologise, but here you go.

Chapter 30 – Friend or foe, him or Joe

It was school, again. Nothing out of the ordinary. Some people commented on the show, but I didn’t really care. It wasn’t something I was crazy about, just something Jenna had signed me up for, and yes, I did want to know who had dedicated the songs, but it had lasted for so long, I was getting tired.

I closed the locker, and faced Jenna.

“Hey! So, George and Lily actually wanted us to all go out, since it’s Friday. I don’t know how it is with the show,“ she started, and we both moved towards our next class.

“I have to do it, I mean,“ I said, and sighed.  The halls were half-empty, or half-full, however you prefer it, and it seemed off. Usually there was a lot of noise, but not today.

“Yeah, but afterwards. I mean, I could co-host the show, and then we go somewhere,” she suggested, her face showing uncertainty towards my response.

“I already have someone,” I said, and cleared my throat. “I got Joe to agree. He has great taste in music, and he’s good with words. Also, don’t tell anybody, but he can keep that creep of a guy away from me.” Jenna laughed and bumped shoulders with me. To be honest, it was funny, how he chased me down and wanted to make me feel bad about myself, but the actual harassment wasn’t fun. I don’t know why he even thought he could let himself do. Was I bothering him, or did he do it just for his own amusement and entertainment. I really can’t think why anyone, well me, would do anything like that for my own happiness. It’s not even that it makes him happy, he just feels in control. Maybe that’s why. You never know what someone’s story could be, maybe he just wants to be the winner, be the smart one, not to let me do anything bad to him. Maybe it’s just self-defence. But then again, that’s a lot of maybes.

The day before, he had interrupted again, and my boss was very pleased with how things were going, a little intrigue, and envy, definitely drama – it was a dream for her. Yes, both of them seemed quite happy with themselves, I was the one suffering. I needed to talk to that he-moron. I needed to know what his problem was, no matter what his reasons were. It wasn’t okay to treat me like this, and if he was being treated the same way maybe at home, then something needed to be done about that. I knew I could figure it out.

We agreed to meet afterwards. I was supposed to arrive with Joe, and we’d all have a great time, but I wasn’t feeling the same vibe as others. I just wanted to lock myself in a room with chocolate, ice-cream and chips, and lots of water, in case I wasn’t feeling so good after stuffing myself with all the goods.

After school, it was time to continue with my routine.  I had grabbed two croissants from home that morning, and now I had to give one to Joe. I didn’t mind, it’s just that I was hungry, and I wasn’t in a great mood when I was hungry. I bet nobody is. Plus, I only had one juice box, and that I had to share with Joe, too.

He seemed tired, but still able to goof around. I was grateful for that, but at the same time puzzled and annoyed how a person can be so cheerful even though they look like a zombie, which is a bit of an overstatement since Joe looked adorable as always.

I was preparing myself for the show mentally, and arranged the table, for example, I decided to throw the trash where it belonged – in the trash bin, and I brushed my hair just because – when suddenly, the image of me and Joe sleeping in the same bed popped into my mind. I let out a laugh and slightly shook my head.

“What?” he asked, biting his croissant, which, for my disapproval, he had decided to eat after I had finished mine. Note, I was still hungry, and now I had to watch him eat. How could he be so satisfied with himself, I thought.