Chapter 4 - You're my girl now

Chapter 4

This is it, I thought. Even in my head I sounded shy. Nothing had happened yet. I just had to walk in the boys’ locker room and…Damn, this is harder than I though, I kept irritating myself by thinking about it. You’re asking why, right? It’s the principal, and you can’t ignore the principal. Here’s what happened…

I was walking to English when suddenly I heard my name being called from the speakers, followed by Howard Temple and Jonathan Hastings. I sighed and turned around to go to the principal’s.

Pure silence filled the air, I didn’t even hear footsteps. I opened the door and walked in. There was only me and the devil himself – the principal, mister Harris. I sat down in one of the chairs and stared at him. Minutes passed but the door remained closed.

“Where the hell are those kids?” He muttered, shaking his head. I looked down at my books I was holding in my lap. “Okay, since it’s only you…It’s your job miss to find those boys and get their butts over here. Principal’s orders! Now off you go, I’m busy.” He started going through papers, mumbling something I didn’t get. I stood up and walked out. How am I supposed to know where they are? I bit my lip. Right, the front desk.

I ran towards the front desk and asked where I was supposed to find Howard and Joe. The woman behind it didn’t want to say that, but when I told her it was principal’s orders, she gave me the information.

“Gym?” I frowned. The classes had started a couple of minutes ago, so that meant they were still changing. I closed my eyes and shook my head. Why am I being tormented?

My feet were weak, my mind filled with scenarios that could happen. I opened the door and stepped in. I noticed Joe sitting on a bench and Howard standing near him. I bit the inside of cheek and walked forward.

“Hey!” I made sure they noticed me. “Principal Harris wants you to up there.” I knew I seemed confident when I was actually melting down.

“Yeah, whatever!” Joe rolled his eyes and got up, ready to go to class. “I’m not interested in this.”

“It’s not up to you to decide!” I yelled. I was so angry at him at that point. First he treated us like crap, now he wasn’t willing to take orders from the principal. What was in his butt!

“What now?” He snapped back at me. I frowned, breathing in and out like a mad dog. I shook my head slightly.

“I cannot believe this!” I gestured and turned around. “If you don’t come, he’s going to blame me. What the hell do you want me to do!?” I waited, but didn’t get the answer. I rested my head on the wall. “Just remember that I saved your asses this time. You owe me big time.” And with that, I was out.

I shouldn’t have returned Howard’s damn shirt. I should’ve burned it and danced around the fire, I angrily thought. And Joe, argh, I’m not even getting started. I stopped in the hall and leaned against the wall. I closed my eyes and escaped to my dreams to forget about this bittersweet reality.

“Need a burger to lighten the mood?” Jace smirked. My eyes snapped open.

“I think I might need two,” I said and pushed myself away from the wall. His hands were in the pockets, his eyes shining, a smile playing on his lips. “Can you do something about it?”

“Well, we can always ditch school,” he shrugged and scratched the back of his head. I exiled., dropping my glance.

“I guess we can,” I nodded in agreement. “How about now?”